don't click here

Is the Blaze from Sonic Rush the Blaze from Sonic 06?

Print

Author Topic: Is the Blaze from Sonic Rush the Blaze from Sonic 06?  (Read 11811 times)

Offline P.P.A.

Is the Blaze from Sonic Rush the Blaze from Sonic 06?
« on: March 21, 2008, 05:45:46 pm »
EDIT: YES I KNOW SPOILER TAGS DON'T WORK HERE BUT I COPYPASTED THIS FROM ANOTHER FORUM WHERE I ORIGINALLY POSTED THIS THREAD AND AM TOO LAZY TO REMOVE THEM
Yeah, that's been bothering me for a while now. I haven't played Rush or its sequel yet (shame on me, I really should buy them one day), but from what I know Blaze in those games is a princess from an alternate dimension, guardian of the Sol Emeralds, anti-social, and was teased throughout her childhood because of her fiery powers.
Now, let's compare how this is compatible with her role in Sonic 06/Next/whatever you call it!
Her character seems to be similar, as she rarely speaks. However due to that her character is also a little hard to judge, especially since she doesn't really appear that often.
She's not from all alternate dimension in this game but from the faraway (a few centuries if I recall correctly) future of Sonic's world. However in Silver's ending, [spoiler]she gets sealed into a different dimension[/spoiler], which could be the dimension she resides in in the Rush games. While at the end of the Last Story [spoiler]all the events of the game are freaking undone and never happen[/spoiler], there are a few indicators that she might have not been affected by this: [spoiler]Elise only erases Solaris from every time line in their world, but there's no mention of different dimensions.[/spoiler] Also [spoiler]When time and space collapse after Mephiles unites with Iblis, Silver is reunited with the others despite last being seen in the future. However Blaze is still missing - as it seems she was unaffected by the collapse, maybe she was also unaffected by the deletion of the events of the game?[/spoiler]
Now, while I don't recall her being a princess or queen in S06, the fact that she could [spoiler]seal Iblis inside her body just like Princess Elise[/spoiler] does imply her being of royalty.
Her being mocked for her abilities also seems rather likely actually, as since the world was destroyed by Iblis (the "flames of disaster") the few survivors might be afraid of her because they think her fire powers are somehow related to Iblis. So explicitly showing that fear/hate towards her by teasing and outcasting her or something similar only seems likely.
As for the Sol Emeralds I have no explanation, but who knows what happened after Blaze arrived in that other dimension.

Your thoughts?
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Blaze from Sonic Rush the Blaze from Sonic 06?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 05:48:42 pm »
STOP WASTING YOUR TIME THINKING ABOUT THIS

ALL THERE IS TO KNOW IS THAT THE PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT BLAZE SHOULD BE SHOVED INTO SONIC 06 WERE MORONS

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 05:49:55 pm »
BUT SHE'S FUN TO PLAY AS

AND IF SHE WASN'T IN SONIC 06 I WOULDN'T LIKE HER NOW

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 05:50:23 pm »
DAMN FURRIES!
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 05:53:47 pm »
DAMN FURRIES!
* P.P.A. runs towards Rick holding down the X button and releases it as he draws close, Spinning Clawing him into oblivion and absorbing his Energy/Light Core or whatever these things were called.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 05:59:43 pm »
spinning claw sux

everything about the way blaze plays in sonic 06 sux

its like they went up to the originality DIMPs had for sonic rush and plastered "FUCK YOU" all over it, adding "WE DONT NEED ORIGINALITY, WE JUST NEED TO PUT AS MANY CHARACTERS IN THIS GAME AS WE POSSIBLY CAN AND BUTCHER THEM ALL"

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 06:05:11 pm »
AS IN
<AMY> HEY LOOK I CAN RANDOMLY TURN INVISIBLE FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!  ?

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 06:16:16 pm »
No as in

Dimps makes a mouth watering sandwich in which SEGA takes and replaces the bread with the skinned layer of originality after it's been taken out of the fridge and left in the desert for several months, replaces the lettuce with dead grass and roots, replaces the tomato and pickles with month old corn after rolling it around in a swamp, and finally finishing it by replacing the meat with dog money.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 06:19:09 pm »
I think at the end of the day the simple fact that Sonic 06 attempted to RETCON ITSELF should just automatically render it moot it all discussions of continuity in the Sonic universe (regardless of speculations about whether this retcon affected all universes).

But then again (argh) PPA's suggestion does kind of fit with the fact that Silver features in the Rivals games but Blaze doesn't (so we can assume that she doesn't live in his world/timeline in those games either). Though of course it would also work if we just ignored Sonic 06 altogether, and took Silver and Blaze to have always been completely unrelated in their origins.

SEE WHAT YOU DID PPA?

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 09:46:04 pm »
My theory (potential spoiler warning though):

None of '06 ever happened.
I mean more so than the story implies.
Iblis, Solaris, and Mephiles never existed, nor will exist.
Silver and Blaze are from their originally-stated dimensions/timelines (I think one of the Rivals games actually put Eggman Nega as one of Eggman's descendants, so the future thing still holds).
Amy can't turn invisible (though I think another game may have referenced that as well, it may go with the still-unmentioned Tarot cards)
Princess Elise never had a Chaos Emerald.
Eggman never had any intention of invading Soleana (and I know I butchered that spelling).
And ... (the big one)
SONIC MADE IT ALL UP.
I mean, look at the look on his face at the final cutscene, which ended exactly the way the game began.  I think that, as Sonic watched the ceremony from a distance, he began daydreaming about an adventure that could happen.  His mind wandered, and he tied a number of people he knew into a story that was ludicrous, but to him was beyond cool.  Really, I've done the same thing before.  He made up in his own mind a "what if" story, changing and adding whatever details he could think of to make it better.  Think about it, doesn't the story really resemble the kind of fanfiction a 15-year-old fanboy (sorry to the 15's around here) would make up?  The only contradiction to this would be Elise's reaction to the wind at the end, but one contradiction is better than several.  So no, Sonic himself made up the Blaze in '06.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline MK

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 09:51:37 pm »
Sorry to tell you guys, but Sega doesn't usually care about consistency. So yes, it is the same Blaze, and no, it is not the same Blaze. Likewise, yes, it is a different Blaze, and no, it is not a different Blaze.
Emeralds:

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 11:12:57 pm »
Fuuuck I just remembered (from what Minus said) that since Eggman Nega is an enemy of Silver's in the Rivals games it's still all fucked up.

What MK said holds truest, though.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 01:16:54 am »
Same Blaze. She goes to her alternate dimension at the end of Sonic 06.

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 01:50:03 am »
Same Blaze. She goes to her alternate dimension at the end of Sonic 06.

And on Rush too.

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 09:59:23 am »
Actually, I just realised that doesn't work AT ALL. Blaze is a princess in her world in Rush and Rush Adventure by descent (Eggman Nega says that her royal family kept the Jeweled Scepter safe for generations). This means she was born there (and don't even try to claim that when she transported to that dimension her life started again Phoenix-style). Also, she's clearly about the same age in both games, but in Rush it's pretty clear she's been the guardian of the Sol Emeralds her whole life...which would amount to nothing if the "transported from Sonic06" theory were true.

HA! YES! SONIC06 IS OFFICIALLY BUNK

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 10:01:11 am »
Actually, I just realised that doesn't work AT ALL. Blaze is a princess in her world in Rush and Rush Adventure by descent (Eggman Nega says that her royal family kept the Jeweled Scepter safe for generations). This means she was born there (and don't even try to claim that when she transported to that dimension her life started again Phoenix-style).

Oh, I didn't know that.
WAIT ISN'T NEGA FROM THE FUTURE AS WELL? (In Rivals iirc)

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 02:15:33 pm »
Yes he was. He was a descendant from Robotnik that came from the future to turn the world into a children's trading card. Then again Rivals is bunk too since the only story is: "Man comes from future to make cards while 4 animals try and stop him." Which makes no sense as the story goes on. SEGA likes to butcher everything it can get its grubby little hands on.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline F-Man

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 02:31:33 pm »
Actually, I just realised that doesn't work AT ALL. Blaze is a princess in her world in Rush and Rush Adventure by descent (Eggman Nega says that her royal family kept the Jeweled Scepter safe for generations). This means she was born there (and don't even try to claim that when she transported to that dimension her life started again Phoenix-style). Also, she's clearly about the same age in both games, but in Rush it's pretty clear she's been the guardian of the Sol Emeralds her whole life...which would amount to nothing if the "transported from Sonic06" theory were true.

Damn.

And there's also no way that Elise could have had one of the Chaos Emeralds for years.

I guess... This simply makes Sonic 06 stand as its own separate storyline.

So...
  • Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog.
  • Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure
  • Sonic 06
all have a continuity in themselves but not altogether. They don't relate with each other except for what sells them: the characters.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 03:06:26 pm »
No, all fit into one timeline. Except Sonic 06 never happens and err...
ok Sonic Team really fucked up its story :(

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 06:57:27 pm »
Well let's lay it out.

Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, and Shadow the Hedgehog DEFINITELY follow on from eachother in that order (Sonic CD fits in there too, probably between Sonic 1 and 2). This is as far as we can be certain (the Advance games also maybe fit somewhere in here, I dunno, and I'm not considering spinoffs, since I'm just dealing with core games for canonical purposes here)

Sonic 06 is supposed to come after Shadow the Hedgehog (judging by Shadow's personality and his relationships with Rouge, Omega, and Sonic). Largely, it doesn't seem to contradict anything I've listed above (aside from Elise's Emerald...). However, it completely contradicts Rush and Rush Adventure, which themselves do not really contradict anything (Shadow, Rouge, Omega, and the Chaotix don't feature in them, but that doesn't have to signify anything). So we could basically either say that 06 never happened (setting aside the fact that it, um...technically did never happen, you know what I mean), or that Rush/Adventure didn't happen. Given F-man's mention of Elise's impossible emerald, I think the choice is obvious. Personally I actually really like Minus's unusual but imaginative suggestion that it was all just a story Sonic dreamt up.

I'm not considering Rivals because Rivals is just...lol. However, if we were to consider it, it also cannot coexist with 06 OR Rush.

Of course, by this point, we all care far too much.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 07:05:58 pm by Crowbar »

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 11:53:40 pm »
Elise's Emerald is easily explained: There are many more than a single set of Emeralds. This is shown several times in the games... the fact that prior to the end of S2/start of S3, there is a set of Chaos Emeralds on Angel Island, separate to those Sonic and Tails collect.

HOWEVER, the fact that they seem to always exist as a unique set of seven... is bizarre.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 01:37:33 pm »
Blaze is a werewolf.
*bricked*
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Paused

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 08:15:00 pm »
Elise having a Emerald is not that big a deal.

The same emerald is just in that point of time twice.  There were not two before Silver arrived in the past, and there were not two after he went to the past.

When Gerald was doing his thing in space there was only one Blue Emerald as that was ages before Silver did his time traveling. During Sonics games though there are two.  The one Sonic does his collect 50 rings gig for, and the one Elise has.  After '06 there is one again, as Silver has taken one of them to the past in order for there to be 2 in the first place.  Erm, yeah I think that made sense.  Maybe.

Course god knows where that second blue emerald was during '06.  Its the one Sonic usually collects after all.  Maybe it is in a special stage?  Just instead of jumping through a giant ring to get there, you have to jump through a plot hole?

Or it might be the one Silver took with him to the future, the one he used to seal Iblis.  I have never really thought about that.

Course I am sure the 'real' answer was effects of the paradoxes.  As that game had hundreds.

All that said, you say '06 now never happened even more than it did not before.  Im cool with that.

Oh and yeah same Blaze in my opinion.  She could have been adopted.  IIRC video game princesses are often adopted.  Especially the magic ones.  Well the Pyromaniac ones anyway.

And Eggman Nega is a giant plot hole.

...Wow.  What a geek I am.

Print

Hits: 613 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.19 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.