don't click here

Player Matchup now uses AJAX

Print

Author Topic: Player Matchup now uses AJAX  (Read 3984 times)

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
Player Matchup now uses AJAX
« on: January 13, 2008, 01:06:14 am »
I rewrote the Player Matchup page to use AJAX. Basically, this means that the page won't refresh when changing the various dropdowns. I will be converting other aspects of TSC to use AJAX later on.

I will still retain the old non-AJAX pages for those of you who don't have compatible browsers. There's no user setting yet, but I will eventually add one to enable or disable AJAX.

Offline F-Man

Re: Player Matchup now uses AJAX
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 02:19:35 am »
You shouldn't need settings if you code well. Make the page like it used to be, but add some Javascript that disables it and changes it to AJAX on compatible browsers.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
Re: Player Matchup now uses AJAX
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 06:52:41 am »
Effy - that sounds great except that the reason it wouldn't be compatible is that it doesn't support Javascript at all :)  Also every major browser since about 2001 supports Javascript and the XmlHttpRequest object.  You can still do graceful degredation though, this is just an overly geeky nitpick.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Print

Hits: 216 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1004.95 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.