don't click here

sa2(B) strat question

Print

Author Topic: sa2(B) strat question  (Read 3123 times)

Offline Jacob91

sa2(B) strat question
« on: December 27, 2007, 03:42:11 am »
I can't seem to find a video of city escape mission 3. My best time is 1:40.xx and I feel it's strong enough as to where there must be a different strategy that I don't know of to yield a 1:14.

Appreciated for help, thanks.

Offline Stefan

Re: sa2(B) strat question
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 10:09:36 am »
The method cybrax used involves a perfectly timed jump at the top of the loop-de-loop to break out of bounds. From this position out of bounds, he lands directly on the chao.

For all the people that are only a few seconds faster than you (me not included :( ) , you will need to catch an earlier cycle of shock beetles.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 12:22:46 pm »
CE3 is definately not a mission I am good at, yet here is my advice.

1. There may be no m3 vid, but there is an m1 vid. If you really need to get to the building faster, try following that.
2. Once at the bottom, don't play the mystic melody. Perform a super bounce on the ancient shrine.
3. Use the spin poles on the very first cycle.

I can't do hint 1 or hint 3, but maybe you can.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline X-5

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 04:55:14 pm »
I made a topic along time ago when I had the same problem and someone uploaded a video of cybrax doing the trick, I checked that topic again but the video died and I do not have it :/

but just follow what these guys told you the best you can, I have done the trick twice ever in my life, but each time I had no idea where to fall and ended up back on the legit route after falling through the building for a few secs. and everybody knows how much I played CE, (bout 986 combined plays on M1/2/3/5!) so in other words, goodluck getting it pulled off in a run.

I would say 1:21 is possible(maxed most likely) descending and ascending though, so there is plenty of improvement left for you if you cannot do it. you should not feel  bad if you fail to do it though, cause it is only the hardest and best record on the whole site :P

Offline Mo

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 07:43:09 pm »
I think I might have went through the building once,but in mission one.
Shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch, SA2 Battle: spring dodge.

Print

Hits: 569 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1022.87 KB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.