don't click here

(SA2:B) MAJOR Glitch in "Security Hall"...please help...

Print

Author Topic: (SA2:B) MAJOR Glitch in "Security Hall"...please help...  (Read 6090 times)

(SA2:B) MAJOR Glitch in "Security Hall"...please help...
« on: December 14, 2007, 10:59:15 pm »
(I hope I put this in the right forum. I think I did. ^^;;)

Hi everyone. (^^) New member here, and I'm having a MAJOR problem with Security Hall. I originally posted this in the NeoSeeker forums, but no one's really been able to help me. So I'm hoping that one of you "game gods" will have some advice....

I own the GameCube version of SA2B. And for some reason, once I open a safe (by digging into the flashing center of it), the safe can NEVER be opened again (even if I turn off my GameCube). The flashing panel disappears permanently, and I can't Screw Kick it open (I think because the GameCube version got rid of that "helpful glitch". Bastards).

I opened about 90% of the safes in the level, back when I was trying to collect 100 rings (I knew there were rings in some of the safes, and I didn't know about the "play Mystic Melody and 30+ rings will appear" trick until much later on)...but still!! I assumed that if I died or turned off the system, all the safes would "reset" and I could reopen them again. But I was wrong.

Now as a result of this problem, Mission 5 seems impossible to do, because one of the emeralds is inside of a safe (which I previously opened - WITHOUT hitting the switch on the ceiling. o_O). And as you all probably know, Mission 5's emeralds are ALWAYS in the same locations. (><;) Does anyone know what I can do?

Please help. ;_____;

PS: I have around 80 lives, and I wonder if that could be the problem. In other words...if I lost ALL of my lives/"continues", would the game truly "reset" that way? Or would it really not matter...which means my game IS corrupt and I have to either buy a new disc or delete everything. >___<

Offline SadisticMystic

Re: (SA2:B) MAJOR Glitch in "Security Hall"...please help...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 11:02:37 pm »
On the top floor, toward the back there are three star switches.  Each controls one color of safe: left unlocks red, top middle unlocks yellow, and right unlocks blue (though blue is unlocked by default).  Unlocking one color automatically locks the others, so unfortunately it's not possible to have all safes unlocked at once.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 01:02:34 am by SadisticMystic »

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 11:35:06 pm »
Thank you so much! (What an honor it is to have you respond to me, SadisticMystic. I discovered you on YouTube about a week ago. Your videos have really helped me out). Your solution was absolutely correct. ^^

No one told me anything about those star switchs...so I just thought those switches made the robot guards [crouching next to the switches] come to life (because a lot of times, the robots wouldn't move until after I hit the switch...or maybe they only moved 'cuz I was close to them?)

Anyway, thanks for the help. (^^) Now all I need is some advice on how to hit that darn switch on the ceiling. I can't move her to the right spot, and the camera angles/controls don't help much. In fact, they're terrible. ><;

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 12:07:42 am »
I have trouble hitting that switch thanks to the bloody camera. The best thing to do is approximate where the switch is, climb up to the highest point on the wall you can, and make a blind reverse jump. Your timing needs to be spot on to hit that switch.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 12:12:19 am »
You could also use this little thing called the TREASURE SCOPE.

That reveals a spring within the box on the high beam that lets you hit the switch.
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 12:58:35 am »
You could also use this little thing called the TREASURE SCOPE.

That reveals a spring within the box on the high beam that lets you hit the switch.

you know I was going to come in here saying that even though some people have played this game to death and what-not or some that claim to still dont know everything to know about SA2 (except SM >_>).  that right there I did not even know about.  then again, I thought that was the intended way of hitting that switch ever since I completed SH5 years ago.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 10:03:08 am »
There was a hidden spring? Crap. ><;;

I did it the hard way though, and thankfully managed to get an A. (^_^;) But I'll definitely share this with my cousins, 'cuz they're still having difficulty with Hard Mode.

Print

Hits: 1,161 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.02 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.