don't click here

Diamonds in the Rough

Print

Author Topic: Diamonds in the Rough  (Read 5681 times)

Offline Crowbar

Diamonds in the Rough
« on: December 04, 2007, 05:55:05 am »
Are there any games (Sonic or otherwise) you really hate, but that have one single aspect you really like? If you've got any examples from media other than games that's fine too.

For me: I hate Shadow the Hedgehog as much as the next normal person, and find all the music in the game very forgettable...except I Am All Of Me. Holy hell that song is awesome.

Also, as much as I find Sonic 06 to be ugh, and Shadow as a character to be equally ugh, I kinda like Shadow in Sonic 06 for reasons I can't explain.

(I know this thread doesn't have much scope and probably won't get many replies but well who cares, really? :P)

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: Diamonds in the Rough
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 07:06:20 am »
1998 called.

It wants its Pokemon back.

Incidentally, I agree basically in the form <any console Sonic this century> sucks except for <the majority of the game's music>.

<3 Thorn.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 05:39:54 pm »
Advance 2.  It's a mediocre game, but sufficiently fiddly to be enjoyable to TA :)
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 10:06:40 am »
Sonic 2.

Also Heroes. But Heroes at least has good graphics and music.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline eggFL

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 04:17:14 pm »
Well I don't hate Disgaea, but the gameplay does nothing for me. I really dig the whole style and soundtrack and do really wish it branched out into an action game down the line. An authentic full-fledged Disgaea title in the vein of God of War/Devil May Cry/Shinobi/Sonic would be the best thing ever.

Initially I was just going to say "Megaman X8 has good music" and that would be the entire post.

As for other media, Rahxephon has great budget/art and has really cute girls.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 06:51:59 pm »
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin have a few amazing moments, like being able to kill the final boss in seconds flat using the final equipment, though that's sort of one of my complaints about the game. I did enjoy doing some things, like using dual crushes in crowded rooms, sending body parts everywhere, and the cgi opening of PoR is just beautiful.

I'd say the enemies were unique with stellar deaths...but almost all the enemies were from Symphony of the Night, so I can't.

The music was mostly 'blah', but Simon's track was pretty good...and from another game! Like everything else in the DS Castlevanias. Konami should launch an advertising campaign, saying: "Yes, we recycle!"

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline eggFL

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 08:06:57 pm »
1998 called.

It wants its Pokemon back.

OH-HOOO    SNAP!!!

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 09:40:17 pm »
Here's something that kind of applies.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time was good, but a bit lacklustre compared to the first. The plot twist at the end, however, was AWESOME. As was the music for the second Shroob Princess battle. Seriously, holy shit.

Print

Hits: 751 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.