don't click here

TSC Extended Magic Tourny!

Print

Author Topic: TSC Extended Magic Tourny!  (Read 44468 times)

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
Re: TSC Extended Magic Tourny!
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2008, 03:57:21 pm »
Top 4 it is then. Here's how that'll work out. It's now single elimination, lose a match and you're gone. The semifinal matchups are:

(1) mike89 vs. (4) eggFL
(2) SBW vs. (3) AJ
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2008, 04:51:14 pm »
<AJ> balls.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline eggFL

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2008, 01:15:20 am »
me vs. yse

Game 1
Mike opens with a Dark Supplicant, followed with a 2/2 cleric. But before his third turn, I get lucky and draw a Pithing Needle, disabling his Dark Supplicant. Mike changes gears and just play the resilient Rotlung Reanimator, which makes it so whenever his creatures die, they get replaced with 2/2 zombie tokens. Now I'm on the defensive, I play a Duress and make mike discard Ambition's Cost, which would have drawn him three cards. Next turn I play another Duress making him discard Coat of Arms, an artifact which would have made his creatures obscenely large. Next turn I topdeck yet ANOTHER discard spell, making him discard Corrupt. Mike has no cards left in hand, but it doesn't matter because he plays a 2nd Rotlung Reanimator. Plus at this point he can bring them back because he has an Unholy Grotto as well. He goes all in with an attack and I lose because by then I had already lost a ton of life to my own Dark Confidants.

EGG 0
YSE 1

Game 2
On the fourth turn of the game, this happens:
0:03:57 [mike89] mike89 taps Dark Supplicant
0:04:05 [mike89] mike89 sacrifices Dark Supplicant
0:04:05 [mike89] mike89 sacrifices Blood Celebrant
0:04:06 [mike89] mike89 sacrifices Rotlung Reanimator
0:04:07 [mike89] mike89 is looking its Library...
0:04:22 [mike89] <mike89> ...
0:04:24 [mike89] <mike89> wtf
0:04:26 [mike89] <mike89> it's not here!
0:04:30 [eggFL] <eggFL> come on
0:04:31 [mike89] <mike89> i must have boarded it out!
0:04:33 [eggFL] <eggFL> its gotta be there
0:04:35 [eggFL] <eggFL> ohhh man
0:04:42 [mike89] mike89 shuffles library
0:04:43 [mike89] mike89 stops looking its Library...
0:04:43 [eggFL] <eggFL> you've got to be kidding me

EGG 1
YSE 1

Game 3
Mike goes first and once again opens with a Dark Supplicant. I play Bird of Paradise, followed by a Cabal Therapy next turn. I name Rotlung Reanimator, but he reveals his hand to show that he doesn't have any. I missed! Instead he plays two Cabal Archons, which are 2/2 clerics. He sacrifices his clerics for a Scion of Darkness. I respond by destroying it with a Putrefy, leaving mike with nothing. Next turn, I play Crime/Punishment to take his Scion from his graveyard and under my control. Next turn, I equip the Scion with Sword of Fire and Ice and attack for the win.

FINAL RESULT:
EGG 2
YSE 1

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2008, 03:20:53 pm »
Alright me and AJ finally played!

Game 1
I open with Hapless Researcher, he has Lay of the Land. I start my dredge engine. He gets down Elvish Branchbender, pumps it with Llanowar Reborn and Blanchwood Armor, and we have a game. Meanwhile, my Dredges suck and I have to throw down Stinkweed Imps in defense (and thankfully he didn't attack into it, which would've taken out the Bridges already in my yard). I'm down to 6 cards in my library and only 2 Bridges in my yard!

I go off with what I can, and knock him down to 11 (leaving guys back to block the now 8/8 Branchbender and a Panglacial Wurm), play Stinky and pass. He plays defensive, and ultimately I draw a 5th land, play 2 straight turns of 21/21 Golgari Grave Trolls, Dread Return a 3rd 20/20, and beat him down with those. That's like... Plan C.

SBW 1
AJ 0

Game 2
This is how the deck is supposed to work!

I side in Krosan Grip to deal with Blanchwood Armor, but I don't need it. It takes me 3-4 turns to find something with Dredge, but once I do I go crazy. This is how the last turn goes. I have (at this point) one Bridge from Below in my bin; in play, I have a Merfolk Looter and 2 Hapless Researchers.

Upkeep Step:
1. Tap Merfolk Looter, draw a card, discard Stinkweed Imp.
2. Sac Hapless Researcher #1 (get a 2/2), Dredge Stinky to replace the draw effect, discard Stinky. Play Narcomoeba from it being milled.
3. Same as #2. I get 2 more Bridge from Below, a second Narcomoeba (to play), and Golgari Grave Troll into the 'yard.

Draw Step: Dredge Golgari Grave Troll instead. 4th Bridge is there, and now I have Dread Return and Flame-Kin Zealot as well.

Main Phase: Sacrifice the 2 Narcomoebas and the Merfolk Looter (netting 12 2/2's!) to flashback Dread Return, returning Flame-Kin Zealot to play, giving me a total of 15 3/3 haste creatures!.

Combat Phase: GG.

SBW 2
AJ 0

And I go on to face egg in the finals! I edged him out last time, but what of this matchup? He was a tough board to face.

Only he's b& from the forums, so do we have some way to tell him to get over here and face me at some point? >_>

Also, as a bonus... either before or after egg and I have our final (or, if we can't get him, we call the inevitable split), we should probably post the decks we used, just for records' sake. And out of my own curiosity.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:33:15 pm by Spearow »
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Print

Hits: 694 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1013.30 KB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.