don't click here

Something of an apology

Print

Author Topic: Something of an apology  (Read 7967 times)

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Something of an apology
« on: November 23, 2007, 09:34:53 am »
I feel the need to express this in an open forum where everyone can view and respond, rather than just a half-hearted attempt in the chat where it will go unnoticed within the hour.

As many of you will have no doubt found out (most of all RPG - none of my antics get past him), I don't seem to be myself as of late. I don't know why this is, and at any rate I'm not here to make excuses.

Often it'll just be a little comment in chat, and I'll react in a very... er, "killjoy"-like way, almost as though I want everyone to act a certain way... not necessarily like me, but like someone I'd like. I make no secret of the fact that I don't like everyone in #soniccenter, but as I said to sonicam once before and has become somewhat my mantra as far as TSC is concerned, our diversity is what makes us awesome. And I don't feel like I'm living up to that mantra.

I therefore apologise unreservedly to those who I might have particularly irked by this behaviour.

In that category I would include myself - I don't think I could have annoyed you guys nearly as much as it annoys me, particularly due to my efforts to get TSC back up to that level of awesome we all know it can attain. (And we're going the right way about it, I promise.)

So, next time I seem to be acting like a killjoy, just point it out to me, and you need not fear being kicked from the room... well, not much, anyway.

Now let's get on with being awesome again shall we?

<3 Thorn.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
Re: Something of an apology
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 10:46:31 am »
:)
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 11:58:02 am »
Liking something for diversity does not mean you should not criticize some of the groups that make a given entity diverse for various infractions of basic logic, universal ethics, and a slew of other things. It's not as though by calling someone, or a group at large, out on a few undesirable qualities or actions that group will stop visiting the site. And even if they did, there are some hordes of people that only serve to be a disruptive force who are contrary to progress and don't belong. Granted there is a bit of subjectivity here since personal experience might outweigh rational thinking and compell you to bring down the proverbial hammer on someone, or some ones, who are entirely undeserving.

What I'm more or less getting at is that you can't get wholly reflective like this when you really haven't done anything wrong. You shouldn't run from making mistakes...rather, you should act as you think you should act in the moment. Do NOT detach yourself from the situation and think objectively, since you'll be sorely lacking in experience in that case and a worse leader as result. Once you're full on mistakes, and can spot an underlying pattern in your lapses in judgement AFTER the fact, better knowing how to predict human behavior, then you can begin to act as you feel you ought to. After a period, regress to a more brutish fashion, reflect, rinse, repeat, and you'll be all the wiser at the end of the day.

Until then, just keep on trucking.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 12:15:37 pm »
Hey what you knew full well I was kidding with those military nicknames right? :(

EDIT: 2800th post, yay or something
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline eggFL

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 01:08:16 pm »
Liking something for diversity does not mean you should not criticize some of the groups that make a given entity diverse for various infractions of basic logic, universal ethics, and a slew of other things. It's not as though by calling someone, or a group at large, out on a few undesirable qualities or actions that group will stop visiting the site. And even if they did, there are some hordes of people that only serve to be a disruptive force who are contrary to progress and don't belong. Granted there is a bit of subjectivity here since personal experience might outweigh rational thinking and compell you to bring down the proverbial hammer on someone, or some ones, who are entirely undeserving.

What I'm more or less getting at is that you can't get wholly reflective like this when you really haven't done anything wrong. You shouldn't run from making mistakes...rather, you should act as you think you should act in the moment. Do NOT detach yourself from the situation and think objectively, since you'll be sorely lacking in experience in that case and a worse leader as result. Once you're full on mistakes, and can spot an underlying pattern in your lapses in judgement AFTER the fact, better knowing how to predict human behavior, then you can begin to act as you feel you ought to. After a period, regress to a more brutish fashion, reflect, rinse, repeat, and you'll be all the wiser at the end of the day.

Until then, just keep on trucking.

awesome

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 04:00:56 pm »
Yeah, I noticed that. :x Good to know you are aware of it.
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 04:49:02 pm »
I DIDN'T.
I DON'T SEE WHAT YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT MIKE.

Exception to this is the deletion of the pokeman thread, which is a major meanie point.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 04:59:01 pm »
Exception to this is the deletion of the pokeman thread, which is a major meanie point.
I saw it coming.  Sure, it was very killjoyish, but I think it was going downhill around page 7, and I'm not particularly irked (you let it last that long, after all)

I never noticed other than that, but eh, things happen.
Hi

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 09:03:26 pm »
i would like to note that the epic post was page 8

AND I ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY MIKE

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 05:35:49 am »
I saw it coming.  Sure, it was very killjoyish, but I think it was going downhill around page 7, and I'm not particularly irked (you let it last that long, after all)

I never noticed other than that, but eh, things happen.
I don't really care about that anymore either. >_>

Also killjoy reminds me of fulljoy. LETS HIT THE SHOWERS!
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 07:47:40 am »
PPA gay confirmed

Again
Did you not think I had a mind?

Print

Hits: 71 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.11 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.