don't click here

If you had a (Ban) Hammer

Print

Author Topic: If you had a (Ban) Hammer  (Read 42404 times)

Offline X-5

If you had a (Ban) Hammer
« on: August 29, 2007, 02:11:13 pm »
who edited this?!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 06:59:54 pm by Paragod »

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
Re: If you had a (Ban) Hammer
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 02:15:01 pm »

you weirdo, stop doing this stupid crap if you're just going to come back in two hours

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 02:23:53 pm »
I did like you. Although when you flamed that 1stkirbyever guy I lost a lot of respect towards you. That really was unnecessary.
I have never seen anyone on the forum show disrespect towards you which was not triggered by one of your actions. I really don't see what you're whining about. You should also get on the channel once in a while. Some people behave a lot different there than they do on the forums. And you'll become a better part of the community there.
And you complain about nobody trying to beat your records? I personally would feel comfortable with that, although that's probably just me. Nobody playing the stages you hold a record in maybe just means they don't like to play the stage, and not you?

However, I guess I'll go with SkyLights' comment.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 04:24:47 pm »
Yeah, come into chat, many differences there compared to the forum. But, for now, I'll go with SkyLight's comment :(

Offline eggFL

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 04:50:43 pm »
I thought that was badass of him the way he talked about 1stkirbyever. Did he cross the line? I don't know maybe who cares, it was justified, it was sweet, no harm was done, and freedom reeeigned.

But anyway yea welcome to TSC the isolated elitist Sonic community where everyone has a superiority complex and acts like a pretentious doucheball who constantly prove they are cool by using /me incorrectly and saying "lolwhut" at everything.

Unless he's just kidding I think it's pretty amazing that an upstanding member like him would grab the bucket that way. good job man! and good job TSC. *toasts* here's to its future, if it has one.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 05:20:15 pm »
All of the trends here are so fucking retarded, for example saying :o all the time
I'm glad somebody's finally said it.

Now that that's out of the way, see you in a couple days.

P.S. I played Emerald Coast today I didn't beat my record but got 1:07 quite easily so I may be back to it so please change your mind about my slackness bye. :(

Offline Stefan

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 06:41:39 pm »
You would ban me. NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

All this site does is torture me when I come to it,
The people don't give a shit about my input.

Torture you? We do/did give a damn about your input. Then we realized your input consisted of a random selection of the following lines: "I'm better than you are", "I'm worse than you are", "I've screwed up and will never be an ass again", "Goodbye you stupid site", or "I have changed ages again"
No one wants to be my friend, no one wants to 1 on 1 chat with me, just like in real life,
I'm one of the coolest people who chat to, but no one gives me the chance to prove it.

You have plenty of chance to prove it. You're not banned. What you do with your freedom is tick people off. Surely your continued elitist attitude and sheer hypocrisy aren't fabulous character traits in your head? I've tried to be nice to you. Many times. You don't care. I tried plenty of times to be a friend to you. Every time I got lumped into the "tsc hates me" generalization. Why is it always my fault for being nice? Maybe I'll finally learn.

Nobody respects me anymore,

can't disagree

Everyone here acts like there automatically better than me which is retarded.

yeah, only TSC does that, only to spite you! It's a good thing you don't say anything similar! That would be horribly hypocritical of you! Ohh, wait.

good job on 29, atleast you put some effort into it, unlike this guy who can't get under a minute and submits a 19 cuz he thinks it makes him good lmao.
This record is permanent, it doesn't matter how good you get you won't beat or even tie it, because its impossible for anyone to be as good as me.
i say who gives a shit its like what 10 seconds, getting a record in such a short period of time proves no skill what so ever so whats the use of it being there.
but I do think my ability to outdo anyone on any given level of any game if I feel like it should be a great skill to have.

And countless other posts which you shamefully deleted or edited because you figure "oh I made an ass of myself so i'll just take that part out". I don't forget. You think you're better than everyone, then try and blame everybody else? No, I don't think so.

No one gives a shit about my times,
In other words, no one tries to beat them, which is annoying as hell.
Its like you all think, hey lets never play that level,
So he has the record on a level no one gives a shit about.
I just can never overcome the diversity,
So, why should I bother anymore?

Overcome the diversity? What the hell? the sitewide diversity of people who play many different games? Something like that? Nobody plays your levels because you play them so much that we can't come near your times. We aren't discriminating against you. We don't have secret chat plots to never play a level Paragod has the record in. We don't specifically avoid your levels. You have a record on the most competed level in 3d sonic. Don't act like nobody plays it. You can't just blame us for wrongs we didn't commit.

I have more things on my mind to do before trying to "fit in" with this board
Yeah it must be the board, its not my fault, its just this board has the worst community
Out of any board i've seen in my whole entire life I swear
All of the trends here are so fucking retarded, for example saying :o all the time
I used to effortlessly come up with tons of better trends...... when I was 11.

You don't seem to have many more things on your mind. You either try and get us to pity you or are blaming us for not pitying you. You constantly claim you've changed, you'll be ok now, you won't be an idiot. You'll "fit in". You never do. I find it absolutely ridiculous that you can blame your problems and lack of responsibility for your own actions on one of the most informed and intelligent communities in the video game playing... is community the word? We have intelligent, skilled people, talking, for the most part, without spam, who really don't dislike one another. That's a bad community? Saying :o all the time is just your opinion.. and I guess F-Man's as well. is it really a negative thing, though? Speaking of bad trends.. you talk about being 11. Do you mean last month 11, last year 11, or 7 years ago 11? It's pretty confusing keeping up with your ageless body.

I do nothing to help this community, its impossible to come up with new strategies
Because you already have a guy who has explored every virtual inch of the game
Over Ten thousand times!

I have no clue what you're referring to here. Surely you don't think raping a game to bits and discovering shortcuts is a valuable strategy. If you're trying to now bring SM down, lol.

Making me useless, it doesn't matter how hard I search
Everything is old to you, ruining the fun.
Yes, I am totally useless, and uncared about, that is why
You all don't need me, you sure as hell agree with that easily i'm sure.

Now it's again our fault that you have different expectations about what you're looking for in levels? You're implying that you just want to discover ground breaking things.. Like that superbounce in metal harbor. Or a perfect truck chase in city escape. But those don't count, because you're pegging the blame on us, as a community. So your point is valid. ok. We enjoyed competing with the old paragod. The one who played the levels rather than complained about the site. Your constant reaches for attention are what we don't need.

Cya kids

Til next week!

Edit: fixed a grammar nightmare.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 06:49:51 pm by Stefan »

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 07:54:38 pm »
I think Stefan's basically nailed this.

There is no point in being nice to you, because either way you come back and you say "oh look this proves it you all fucking hate me i'm gone goodbye" when, really, none of that statement is true: you're back within a week, and nobody here really hates you.

Enough of that though. I'm not going to try and make you see sense. The time for that is past. You don't want to listen, you've proven that.

Instead I'll just say that TSC values good people as much as, if not more than, good players. You certainly fit the latter category but it'd probably help if you stuck to one identity long enough to let people decide on the former.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 07:58:18 pm »
I hate to join the bandwagon, but I tend to mimic...  Still, having restrained myself from the Kirby incident, I figured I'd need to take action.

Para, respect, popularity, and related aspects are dependant on yout actions.  What you did is try to quit multiple times, lie about your age, and fly off the handle at the tiniest thing.  Perhaps if you shaped up, you can still have a saving grace and talk to us normally, thus allowing us to do the same.

In short, shape up and behave according to logical conduct.  You've been given multiple chances, so make one a chance we won't regret.
Hi

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 08:10:23 pm »
I thought that was badass of him the way he talked about 1stkirbyever. Did he cross the line? I don't know maybe who cares, it was justified, it was sweet, no harm was done, and freedom reeeigned.

But anyway yea welcome to TSC the isolated elitist Sonic community where everyone has a superiority complex and acts like a pretentious doucheball who constantly prove they are cool by using /me incorrectly and saying "lolwhut" at everything.

Unless he's just kidding I think it's pretty amazing that an upstanding member like him would grab the bucket that way. good job man! and good job TSC. *toasts* here's to its future, if it has one.

cause clearly a few members=all of TSC >_>

It doesn't take much for Paragod to act this way.  This is still Rolken's site if you haven't noticed.  I dont mind the drama that occurs here since it either gets resolved or dies down, but this person is an exception.  I cant forgive Paragod after what I've read from him recently.  I dont have the post saved, but it was elistism all over it.  Egg, you still come here so it must be a reason why our "superiority" attracts you.  All in all that was a dumb post and please know whats going on before spouting out BS.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
OMG moar drama crap
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 09:05:37 pm »
Since when has playing video games produced so much... crap?

I'm one of the coolest people who chat to, but no one gives me the chance to prove it.

I answered this bullshit before, you always had the chance. You have to be stupid to blame us for "not giving you a chance" because only you could give yourself that chance. Since when do we control what you get to do

Nobody respects me anymore,

Because you keep doing bs like this.

Everyone here acts like there automatically better than me which is retarded.

There are almost 2000 registered members here. So what you're saying is that all these people act better than you even when 3/4 of the site never meet you? Quit lumping a few people as everyone.

I have more things on my mind to do before trying to "fit in" with this board
Yeah it must be the board, its not my fault, its just this board has the worst community
Out of any board i've seen in my whole entire life I swear
I used to effortlessly come up with tons of better trends...... when I was 11.

You're still 11. Being alive for 18 years doesn't really mean anything socially if you still act like an 11-year old. Just because you don't like the board doesn't mean it's stupid and bad and "fit in", what? People come here to compete in Sonic games. That's the reason this site was made. I didn't know there were different cliques who come to compete here, I just thought we come here to compete.

I do nothing to help this community, its impossible to come up with new strategies
Because you already have a guy who has explored every virtual inch of the game
Over Ten thousand times!

It's not his fault that he wanted to help the site. It's his fault that you can't help the site? There are many ways to help the site, not just by investing strategies for one game.

Cya kids

Age-wise we are compared to you. Mature-wise, you're the kid, not us.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline eggFL

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 09:06:29 pm »
cause clearly a few members=all of TSC >_>

As far as I'm concerned TSC has only 4 members.* Everyone else is on their way out.

I dont mind the drama that occurs here since it either gets resolved or dies down, but this person is an exception.  I cant forgive Paragod after what I've read from him recently.  I dont have the post saved, but it was elistism all over it. Egg, you still come here so it must be a reason why our "superiority" attracts you.  All in all that was a dumb post and please know whats going on before spouting out BS.

Paragod can be an elitist because when he does it, it's cute. Isolating him for it would be hypocritical. The only thing that bugs me about him is that he seems to forget how old he is. But I do that too, although not by such large margins.

But I still stand by everything I said. Of course I don't know what's going on, that much was obvious. Calling me out on it? Very original.

And yea, I still come here... touche. I'll let you have that one.

By the way if you don't mind me asking, since when did Rolken become the owner of this site? o.O

*These individuals may actually be amalgamations of two or more members.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 09:14:32 pm »
Rolken is member number 1 for a reason you know... :(

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 09:17:48 pm »
OMG DRAMA

Quote from: Rick_242
Since when has playing video games produced so much... crap?

Hear hear. However see the old Sonic Olympics topic to see how video games can spark drama from seemingly nowhere >_>

Quote from: eggFL
By the way if you don't mind me asking, since when did Rolken become the owner of this site? o.O

Er... since he paid for it, did all the coding for it... basically since the humble beginnings four years ago.

Basically I move that you're in denial. All who agree say aye.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 09:21:04 pm »
Egg... cute?  I don't see what's cute about saying you're better than anyone and belittling someone else.  That's a reason why I like this place.  I want to know, who is an elitist here?  Me?  SkyLights?  SM?  ROLKEN!?!

None of them have attempted to halt anyone from trying to do well, or stated that they were better than anyone.

Egg, just stay quiet.  You're doing nothing but causing unnecessary trouble right now.
Hi

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 09:23:56 pm »
Aye.

Also, back in the bunker until all this blows over. Then we wait for the next loldrama.

ps. how can you not know Rolken is the owner of the site? Even if you didn't read the constitution (which is required by all TSC citizens to read) it was pretty obvious he was.

pps. Yeah as Quartz said, just keep quiet until this blows over.
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline eggFL

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 09:30:10 pm »
by the way, I knew that it was Rolken's site. I asked as a joke. Just letting you guys know, in the name of truth awareness.

There are almost 2000 registered members here. So what you're saying is that all these people act better than you even when 3/4 of the site never meet you? Quit lumping a few people as everyone.

dead or deadbeat members don't count. 2000 is an arbitrary number

The serious honest-to-pete actual in-game number of members at any given time (i.e. now) is probably like... 20? or what

And that's including the nubs and/or hated members with no influence.

Quote from: Quartz
Egg, just stay quiet.  You're doing nothing but causing unnecessary trouble right now.

You're telling me! I post and then everyone is all whiplash on Paragod with the vicious quote trees.

But still, if you ask me everyone else is making it worse. Chill out guys. This is probably how this crap happens in the first place.

Offline Stefan

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 09:33:05 pm »

Paragod can be an elitist because when he does it, it's cute. Isolating him for it would be hypocritical. The only thing that bugs me about him is that he seems to forget how old he is. But I do that too, although not by such large margins.

It's cute when he consistently acts elitist, calls new members sons of a bitches, and is generally assy? How is it hypocritical to CALL HIM OUT ON THAT? If you're implying I'm elitist.. lol. I'm being a pain in the rear lately, because of various things, but I am certainly not elitist.

If by forget how old he is you mean change his age every week, then yes! Though I don't rememebr teh last time i forgot I was 15 and therefore called myself 9, but ok!

Offline eggFL

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 09:36:58 pm »
Yea like I said, that age-changing gig was really obnoxious.

We should have banned him on the spot.

Like, treat his age as if it was a record... "supply proof or explanation, or face banhammer."

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 09:38:15 pm »
Egg, you didn't say that.  And your sarcasm isn't helping.

Also, what do you expect us to do under these situations?
Hi

Offline Stefan

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 09:42:20 pm »
"But I do that too, although not by such large margins."

That's pretty clearly a justification of his actions to me.

You also failed to address your blatant misuse of big words with seemingly abstract meanings. How am I being hypocritical?

Who's elitist here? Why is it cute to call someone a son-of-a-bitch? Why is the number of members here arbitrary? Hated members consist of almost zero at this site.. even as it seems we all hate Paragod. I don't. I am tired of the drama he starts with posts like this.

All the "crap" happens in the first place because Paragod plays levels to no end. He said it himself; the cause of his frustration is the lack of people playing his levels. Why is it suddenly the community's fault that he can't make up his mind about his identity or whether or not he considers himself the greatest player on the site?

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 09:46:26 pm »
Man, I must of missed something big since this has exploded into a huge arguement. I don't know what to say other than the possibility of Paragod needing a psychiatrist for his split personality. Normally I'd try to come up with some sarcastic comment but in this case, it would add more fuel to the fire. 
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Rick_242

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 09:47:28 pm »

dead or deadbeat members don't count. 2000 is an arbitrary number

Tell that to him. >:O

---

Topic lock pwease :(?
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline eggFL

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2007, 10:31:30 pm »
But 2000 is an arbitrary number. An overwhelming percentage of members on here (and pretty much any forum) have never posted, have posted once-twice and then left, or haven't been active in a long time. Saying this place has 2000 members is a pointless and blatant exaggeration. -- you mean to say that this site has 2000 names on the member list, which is completely different. It's like the reproduction process... only a few sperm gets to become a baby, the rest are wasted. The same thing applies to TSC. We only have a handful of members really... the rest are merely ideas.

And anyway if someone posts a false stat and never backs it up, I thought that calling them son-of-a-bitch is funny.

Quote from: Quartz
Egg, you didn't say that.

What do you mean? I said his age-posing bugged me. That counts.

Quote from: stefan
"But I do that too, although not by such large margins."

That's pretty clearly a justification of his actions to me.

No it's not! "although not by such large margins" ? It's clearly sarcasm. Shame on you!

So I'm with you on the age thing. In fact I think he got off too easy on it. TSC should not facilitate liars. There is clearly something wrong with that behavior and it was just setting us up for problems such as this topic.

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2007, 10:39:27 pm »
Egg, the problem isn't lying as much as it is his attitude.
Hi

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2007, 11:11:31 pm »
Yeah seriously. One minute its "woo i did it" then it goes to "no that time sucks" then its "SWEET" then its "lol fooled you all" and then "fuck you all" then its like "hi i have video" in which it leads to "nobody will ever beat me ever lol" which leads to this topic and its "nobodys trying to beat me you all suck"

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2007, 11:13:37 pm »
This topic should be locked or possibly moved to the moron archives. (Can't do that myself.)
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2007, 11:15:03 pm »
So I really am the only one finding the situation hilarious?

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2007, 11:15:56 pm »
i assure you that you are not, F-Man

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2007, 11:16:55 pm »
Quote from: magnum12
This topic should be locked or possibly moved to the moron archives. (Can't do that myself.)

True, however, there is one method of resolution that most any TSC member can apply. I'm gonna try that now.

*ahem*

This topic is now about what you actually would do if you wielded an almighty banhammer. Discuss.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Print

Hits: 332 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.27 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.