don't click here

New Sonic game stuff

Print

Author Topic: New Sonic game stuff  (Read 139249 times)

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
Re: New Sonic game stuff
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 03:21:11 pm »
Yeah, knowing Sega's reputation for listening to feedback about their games (NOT!!!!), Sonic Riders 2 will have the same asinine controls (the worst in a racer ever) and bad game play that Riders did, thus resulting in a bad game that even good graphics can't help.

Don't be so sure to discount the Wii's graphical capacities Marth. Metroid Prime 3's coming out next week and the hands on impressions said that it is one of the best looking Wii games to come out (but Mario Galaxy will still surpass it) and has the sharpest Wii FPS controls around (with some minor problems with the grappling beam and turning too slow but the later is negated by the solid lock on system). To be honest, graphics mean practically nothing to me. I'm such a "bad ass freaking gamer" that I just ignore a game's visuals and focus purely on its game play.
I said "supposedly". I know that it's more powerful than GameCube (just the fact that it plays
GCN games is proof that it's at least as powerful), and that it can do amazing graphics
(imagine if Rare had stayed with Nintendo... Star Fox Adventures was an early GCN game,
and was moved from N64... imagine what they could've done in 2006, making an all-new game,
especially considering how much they improved their skills from Diddy Kong Racing to Jet Force Gemini or Banjo-Tooie).
It's just that so many people are impressed only by the other two new consoles.
Even though all I've seen of them is low framerates and/or roughly GCN-quality graphics.
The point: Wii is capable of about anything you'd need for gameplay, and it's not weak.
Even the PS2 isn't that limited, although it's only like a fraction of Wii's power,
and GCN would be way less outdated and easy to program for.

Maybe you didn't understand, but that was almost completely sarcasm, about the graphics
being most important. (I talk a lot about graphics, and I've been working with some 3-D modeling,
and I even argue and complain about this console's capabilities and that game's use of the console, and everything,
but I really don't care that much. My choice of Sonic Adventure as "the best game ever made" proves it.)

eggFL: It's probably just some stupid thing thrown in late to make Blaze look more powerful.
Sort of like how "Dr. Eggman" is said to have an I.Q. of 300, even though that couldn't happen.
Or how all the humans are pathetically weak, stupid, slow, and cowardly in Sonic stories.
It's all just to impress the kids and make Sonic in general seem really "cool".

By the way, it almost instantly reminded me of the Pokémon, Machoke and Machamp, with their Power Save belts.
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 03:24:23 pm »
Also PPA, only you would like that u furry hur hur.
no u
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline eggFL

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2007, 01:50:58 pm »
They've been saying that for Blaze ever since Sonic 06, but it's not like she actually does that...

Yea I remember that too! Only back then I actually thought it was referring to /another/ robe she wore on TOP of her normal outfit. But of course there was nothing like that in Sonic06, and I actually never gave it a second thought.

So I guess her character information is routinely false in an effort to make her more dramatic.

eggFL: It's probably just some stupid thing thrown in late to make Blaze look more powerful.
Sort of like how "Dr. Eggman" is said to have an I.Q. of 300, even though that couldn't happen.
Or how all the humans are pathetically weak, stupid, slow, and cowardly in Sonic stories.
It's all just to impress the kids and make Sonic in general seem really "cool".

By the way, it almost instantly reminded me of the Pokémon, Machoke and Machamp, with their Power Save belts.

Ah as I thought regarding Blaze.

But I thought an IQ of 300 was something that was easily attained for some reason. (so I always held the notion that the series's need to repeatedly state Eggman's IQ was embarassing for the opposite reason) I get what you're saying though.

Btw humans in the Sonic series aren't weak, stupid, slow, and cowardly. I don't get where you're coming from. But I digress.

IF THE FEMALE CHARACTERS TOOK OFF THEIR CLOTHES, THEY'D EXPOSE THEIR SEXUAL BODY PARTS. BECAUSE UNLIKE THE MALE CHARACTERS, THEY ACTUALLY HAVE ANY.
...Did someone say Sally?

Well they at least have boobies.

Btw I figured from the description that Blaze was mainly intended to somehow pull or sleeves or something when using her powers.

Or maybe it could be like some really bizarre sexual theme to her power in which her power is invoked emotionally. I don't know how to explain it really, but like you know how in anime when a guy peeks at a girl, the girl slams the guy with something comically large? But in this case it's fire. Or otherwise some weird dramatization of her femininity.

I guess it doesn't matter since it's all crap though.

Sally ftl

suppress=/=completely blocking

Also PPA, only you would like that u furry hur hur.

Well the site didn't say suppress specifically but it said that it disguised her ability and that she had to open her coat to use it.

By the way, I think we shouldn't demean PPA for being a furry.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2007, 02:01:24 pm »
I'M NOT A FURRY.

And Sally ftl indeed. But after all, she's naked. :o

Or maybe it could be like some really bizarre sexual theme to her power in which her power is invoked emotionally.
Like she having hot sex amirite~
Burning her lovers. XD

no rly I'm not a furry

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2007, 02:12:13 pm »
I must take this opportunity to note that the original bio for Blaze's Sonic 06 debut included something about her being very jealous about women with larger breasts. >_>;

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2007, 03:08:50 pm »
I must take this opportunity to note that the original bio for Blaze's Sonic 06 debut included something about her being very jealous about women with larger breasts. >_>;
Great, I can just see Blaze getting very angry when people call her certain f words (no profanity f words), just like a certain spear wielding freak from another series of games. (douglas should get the joke).
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2007, 03:12:05 pm »
I think PPA would get it too <_<

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2007, 03:16:17 pm »
???
I am confused. D:

Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Blaze06.png

OMG, BLAZE DOESN'T WEAR ANY PANTS!

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2007, 03:30:32 pm »
Indeed, Blaze does not wear pants, but some kind of weird bodysuit that I don't know the exact name of, hence the fluffy/frizzy parts of it near her hands/feet. I'm guessing there's a pretty good reason why there's none of that around her neck.  >____>

Also PPA you know very well what has to do with a spear/staff and a breath of fire and the word that begins with the letter f <___<

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2007, 03:37:17 pm »
Oh, staff. Well that makes more sense. >_>
Also why do all Sonic characters wear those white gloves? o_O

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2007, 04:04:05 pm »
Probably to make them look less like a skeletal beast and more like a cute animal or something like that. There is probably a very good reason that Knuckles has spikes coming out of his.

(On a side note Marine has brown gloves)

Offline eggFL

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2007, 07:03:06 pm »
White gloves indicates that they are mascots. It's a classic touch, one that I think looks very cool.

In any case he ones that don't wear white gloves are usually going for a very specific motif. Marine is a sailor so she needs scruffy kitchen gloves. After all she wouldn't wear white gloves if they would just get dirty anyway. I think I just remembered that Big the Cat wears very similar gloves.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2007, 02:52:05 am »
Yeah, Mario as a mascot wears them too.

SkyLights, I think those fluffy parts around Blaze's hands and feet belong to her gloves and shoes.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2007, 11:19:29 pm »
I can see SEGA stuffing Silver and Blaze in SR:ZG somewhere...

edit:
New info:
Wii version will have DL'able Ghost data: you can face the best of the best. Not too bad. Here's hoping for more online/DL/Wiiconnect24 features.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 11:37:43 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2007, 05:08:49 am »
Crap, so I will have to buy the Wii version. :(

Offline eggFL

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2007, 12:02:55 am »
I remember when I for whatever reason was so certain Sonic06 would have online leaderboards.

I got over it though, meaning I don't even care about online leaderboards anymore.

I have other ways of expressing myself now. 8|

Still want it on Wii though, since I'd still need a Wii for Secret Rings and Journey of Dreams so getting PS2 version would be a waste in the long run.

Oddly though I am much more eager to sell my 360 atm than I am to actually buy a Wii afterwards.

P.S. saying Journey of Dreams is the cool way to say Nights. starting now

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2007, 05:16:14 am »
I got over it though, meaning I don't even care about online leaderboards anymore.
*sniff*
Eggy doesn't like us anymore. :( :( :(

Offline eggFL

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2007, 02:47:42 pm »
No.. oh NO I meant about official Sega leaderboards... not you guys... it's different... you guys are good because ... err... *head explodes*

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2007, 02:55:24 pm »
360 ftw :(

Also NiGHTS is the cool way to say NiGHTS >_>.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline eggFL

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2007, 05:17:18 pm »
But Nights is unclear and easily mistaken. Which Nights game are you talking about? Or do you mean "knights"? Nongamers wouldn't even know what you're talking about.

Journey of Dreams not only is more specific it just sounds badass and epic.

Other petitions:

Sonic Rush Adventure should now be "Rush 2"
Sonic Riders 2 should now be just "Zero Gravity"
Super Mario Galaxy should now be "Super Galaxy"
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games should of course be "Mario Sonic Olympics" but better yet "Sonic Olympics" for humor or "Mario Olympics" for realists
Sonic06 should now be "Sonic The Hedgehog" and Sonic 1 will be "Sonic 1" or better yet "S1"

more to come

p.s: someone in my family has a 360 anyway so it's not like I'll be locking myself out to all the GREAT GAMES coming out for the console.

with all seriousness though I would hate to miss Sega Rally Revo. I think.

btw Sega Rally Revo is from now on "Sega Rally"

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2007, 05:26:05 pm »
No I mean NiGHTS. You know, NiGHTS?

EDIT: All the Sega Rally games have sucked since the original
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2007, 07:29:48 pm »

In other news, there's 18 characters in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. That, and they must have made a mistake or something, because the release date is not this winter, not next spring.. but next winter.

Quote from: Sonic Stadium
- Release date: Winter 2008 (for both PS2 and Wii)
- Manipulation of gravity used to both attack enemies and find track shortcuts.
- A new "Black Hole" move used to gain advantage over your opponents.
- 16 different courses to race through.
- Over 40 upgrades, and the ability to switch vehicles mid-race.
- 18 characters. (Oh god)
- "Gravity Points" will be used to pull off special moves in game.
- Wii version will have downloadable ghost data in which to compete against.
- Multiplayer mode with 4 players at a time.

In other news, Dimps also actually made Sonic Rush Adventure. Also, Naganuma did not make the music in Rush Adventure and, as I expected, Marine is a useless idiot.

Quote from: GHZ
Well there is a fella who's reviewing the game that's let out a few tidbits. May be spoilers ahead!

1) Naganuma is not involved in the music at all. Teruhiko Nakagawa [ie; Blaze remixer in the original] is listed as Sound Director, and Tomoya Ohtani, Seirou Okamoto, and Mariko Nanba as Music Composers. Not as good as Sonic Rush [expected, really]

2) Despite saying otherwise, Dimps made the game.

2) Game plays just like Sonic Rush, maybe a bit easier and more forgiving. A plus!

3) 3D levels are fun, play very similarly to the 3D Special Stages in Rush, only need to play once to get to a level. This is how you collect 'Emeralds' - Johnny challenges you for emeralds.

4) If you suck at the game you will need to replay some levels. Tails required 'Metals' and getting good rankings gives you more metals.

5) Ludicrous amounts of cutscenes and 'story', but can be skipped for the most part. Marine's a pain in the arse. Sonic & Tails warp to Blaze's world - Whiskers being the Eggman of their world apparently. Nega hasn't shown up yet

6) Level gimmicks include a 3D rail ride. Nothing slow like Mirage Road [yet]

7) Some enemies require multiple hits, but rare.

8) Wifi - you can race people online, and upload scores to worldwide rankings. Apparently only shows the top 3 players though - I'd imagine the website would show more?

Also, EGM reviewed the game in their latest review - giving it a 7.5, 7 and 7. They gave the first game straight 8's.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2007, 08:20:58 pm »
by the way, how is it expected that Rush Adventure would have worse music than the first Rush? ... just because it isn't made by the same dork?

EDIT: All the Sega Rally games have sucked since the original

Where do you get off being such a liar?

Sega Rally 2 is the best one... I mean sure you can believe that the first one better, but the second one is obviously still part of the family... it's a great game... and by absolutely no means "sucks"... I mean, what the hell?

And that leaves only the Sega Rally sequel for Playstation 2, but being a Japan-only game, there is no one who has played it in the first place, which makes it relatively difficult to judge.

In other news, there's 18 characters in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity.

Well, who wants to guess what they are. *melancholy voice* I doooo~

..well wait... so then it'd just be the 16 from Sonic Riders plus two more... obviously Blaze and Silver... well that's pretty obvious.. we'll see though.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 08:33:03 pm by eggFL »

Offline F-Man

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2007, 09:02:04 pm »
Online rankings bring so many tears to my eyes. The sound of it is so beautiful... My childhood is brought back.

Truly the "Sonic Adventure" part of "Sonic Rush Adventure" making its heart warming welcome.

This and a DS are on my list this September.

EDIT: oh yah tsc... i love you too.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 03:41:39 am by F-Man »

Offline eggFL

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2007, 10:59:59 pm »
The Adventure part of the name is a clear lie... since the game has absolutely no relation to and is nothing like Sonic Adventure. It's almost unsettling, it almost seems like they strategically named it make it perceived more fondly among the fanbase... but maybe not. After all, there's no arguing that Sonic Rush Adventure is just that... an ADVENTURE.

..even if it's a crappy one. *COUGH*

.....I think I hurt my throat...

Offline F-Man

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2007, 11:05:45 pm »
The Adventure part of the name is a clear lie... since the game has absolutely no relation to and is nothing like Sonic Adventure. It's almost unsettling, it almost seems like they strategically named it make it perceived more fondly among the fanbase... but maybe not. After all, there's no arguing that Sonic Rush Adventure is just that... an ADVENTURE.

..even if it's a crappy one. *COUGH*

.....I think I hurt my throat...
Oh shut the fuck up I was having a moment here.

And your point is void by my previous post. It is like Sonic Adventure in that it has online rankings. The only Sonic games to have those have the words "Sonic" and "Adventure" in their titles so far.

Fuck the rest. (I've given up seeing something of SA1's level of greatness since SA2)

Offline eggFL

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2007, 12:01:01 am »
Oh I didn't notice the connection between Rush Adventure and SA both having online rankings. You should have said so!

But regardless, Zero Gravity will have online rankings too, and it doesn't have Adventure in the name. Do you know what that makes your point? It makes it moot.

I'm really sorry though.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2007, 12:13:37 am »

The point was that Sonic Rush Adventure, deriving the name "Sonic Adventure" if you remove the "Rush" part whilist having online rakings, struck into the memories of F-Man and allowed him to relish in his childhood of playing said Dreamcast game. Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity lacks the word "Adventure" in the title, so it would clearly not have the same effect.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2007, 12:49:45 am »
Yes, BUT.....that's too complicated.

By the way, I was never specifically disagreeing with F-Man.

I could barely comprehend what F-Man was saying in his post, but I felt like commenting on the title regardless, carefully wording my post not to refer in any way to him or what he said. However it merely seemed like I was replying to him due to subject of our posts. Your fault!!

I don't have to necessarily add anything, or disagree with, another user's post... if each post had to be justified in the context of the ongoing conversation, it wouldn't be a forum now would it? It would be a chat room. And Rolk specifically said he does not want that.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2007, 12:50:53 am »
I could barely comprehend what F-Man was saying in his post,
Then don't post.

Print

Hits: 973 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.22 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.