don't click here

Choose my next SA2B target time(please?)

Print

Author Topic: Choose my next SA2B target time(please?)  (Read 9723 times)

Offline X-5

Choose my next SA2B target time(please?)
« on: June 30, 2007, 12:00:58 am »
im in a jam considering what to play next, as you can see i havent played SA2B at all for the past few weeks except a few minutes of ce5 which as you would imagine was quite boring cause its a sucky level that no one but me puts any effort into.

this is where you come in, what level do you want me to play next, and what time do you want to see me get? I will try to eventually fulfill every last request, but its not guaranteed that I will obtain the time- especially if you issue something really hard. but I can promise that I will give it my best effort of course!

theres a couple exceptions, but they are all pretty obvious

1. No hunting. (If you know me whatsoever and you didnt expect this one......)

2. Nothing stupidly impossible or overly hard (like uhh 1:24 hidden base mission 1 or 1:12 metal harbor 1)

3. No glitchy stages(For example Eternal engine or hidden base 3, I just cant do glitches like that regardless of how many times I watch a video for some reason I always get lost)

that about sums it up, go for it!

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
Re: Choose my next SA2B target time(please?)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 12:56:04 am »
Eh dont really play this game(at the time)but umm how about Sky Rail? I dont know go for record time for now?
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 03:24:33 am »
I agree Judgement, Sky Rail (mission 1) may be a good one to do right now, Paragod. You are only ~2 seconds away so check it out ;) What about Sonic Her... (wait, that fails right >_>). What ever happened there? You had a few good times but never played much :(

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 06:44:56 am »
Either Sky Rail 1 or Final Chase 1
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline X-5

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 01:26:15 pm »
w00t, yall just had to assign me probably the worst levels to play... oh well atleast its a challenge.

Ill update daily with a progress report to let everyone know how im coming along.

So far: (I played for about an hour when I woke up)

Sky rail:

Time spent so far: 42 minutes

Accomplished: Nothing, just millions of sucky 45-47 completions.

Old PR before being challenged: 44.44

Current New PR: Unchanged =(

# of times shadow got yelled at out of frustration: 6 (mainly when I keep screwing the beginning up

Probability of success: 30%

Comments: well I think I know why everyone so far wants me to get this one, for one its the oldest, and probably toughest(cept CE3) record on SA2B, and they want to see me suffer cuz i suck so much at the rail switch at the end.

Final Chase:
Time spent: 1 hour 15 minutes

Challenge Status: Complete!

Current new PR: 2:42.00
Update: 2:36.55!
Final Update: 2:31.24

Comments: 1:19 Final check, I bet i could of pulled it off without checkpoint abuse but I died/suicided 3 times cause TONS of weird stuff started happening that i have never ever seen.. and all cause I was on such a great run I bet =/ who cares either way, I got this done waaay faster than I expected to.

Sonic her.... well it doesnt exactly fail, its alright to play but juss overall dissappointing, and I really sucked at the  sonic levels.. but on the opposite view I did somehow find alot of strategies which helped people out (Seaside hill rose was set at 1:26 forever now its 1:21!) so maybe me and cutting out the  route go together or something.. what levels would you want to see me play if I considered it? or do you mean in general start playing it again, so i can find tons of cool tricks for people to leech? =P
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 03:47:06 pm by Paragod »

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 02:33:56 pm »
Well, if you suck at Sonic levels then you would suck with Dark (I have that problem). Maybe you could find some stuff out in either Rose or Chaotix levels. None specific, just one that you haven't played much and not currently extremely high on it. It would be cool since everyone knows I'm into Sonic Heroes at the time X)

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 04:10:18 pm »
Wow nice job! You improved by alot on Final Chase and now
its time for Sky Rail.....Eh wait is that the longest holding record in the site? Because thats the only one I see that I could think of that is since 03......
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 07:18:45 pm »
Set a new record in City Escape Mission 5 without check abuse.
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 07:21:16 pm »
^^Thats cruel :(
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 07:26:23 pm »
He said that check abuse is for losers so he should be consistent with his words. Also, I have never played SA2B. ^^U

Offline X-5

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 07:40:10 pm »
aw thanks judgement =) sky rail is really gunna suck, but ill try my best.

and your damn right its cruel, but I never meant abusing checkpoints means you suck, I just stated that (at the time) all my times were without it.. but on stuff like CE5 honestly I dont wanna spend all day just to get 1:42 without checks, but it might happen someday when I just randomly play it and nail a nice run first try.

and yeah I guess ill try some heros someday so i dont sit at a sucky 87th place

still accepting any new challenges though, theres pretty much no limit on how many.

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 08:35:46 pm »
I never meant abusing checkpoints means you suck, I just stated that (at the time) all my times were without it

Never? lol

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 08:46:21 pm »
Do things like Security Hall 5 or Egg Quarters 5 count as hunting?

Offline X-5

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 12:03:25 pm »
that time is fake and I didnt mean anything by the comment, I was mad cuz sonic kept doing bad things so I felt like insulting someone so I did, then i changed it back so I dont get banned for fake times.. dont even ask lmao I do weird things when I get mad.

any hunting levels but M1 are bearable, just as long as they dont require major glitches or DC(I hate the unsteady controls on DC) oh, and I hate levels that require pause abuse, especially mad space 2.

Offline yoshifan

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 01:47:04 pm »
The current Mad Space 2 record didn't involve any pausing.  I think the only record that might actually require pause abuse would be Security Hall 3, assuming that it's really close to perfection.

By the way, great job on that Final Chase time!

Offline X-5

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 04:12:17 pm »
Hey thanks yosh =)

I had no idea final chase was so popular.

im amazed you did ms 2 without pausing cause SM paused a million times which made me think it was required, and thats why i thought 22 or whatever i got was actually decent lmao.. guess it totally sucks

i might give up on sky rail, i cant even get 44 again and jumping to the top is virtually impossible for me, ima assume its cause of my poor reaction speed which prevents me from being able to switch rails while keeping up the optimum required speed. =/  Zealous wins. Flawless 10-26-03 victory XD

Offline Stefan

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 07:36:51 pm »
pausing isn't required at all, heh. sm just did it to get more control over rouge.

Offline X-5

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 10:19:08 pm »
ahh heh.. mass pausing like that messes me up so much its not even funny

To anyone wondering why I played green hill again... well:

(SUSPENSE)

After 4 long years.... Cybrax's green hill route has finally been outclassed!(or atleast part of it)  Thats right, just tonight I found a new tricky-but not hard route that probably saves a third of a second(Which is a TON for me on this level) and to be honest it looks pretty cool to see it in action. I was pretty flawless except a tiny little mistake in the beginning which thankfully didnt waste much time at all, and since I nailed the rest of it very well I am happy with the result.

the legendary video is now permanently embedded in TSC's movie page, enjoy, learn.. overcome?

Offline X-5

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 05:43:14 am »
well this isn't so good.. I juss got my test results in the mail today and it turns out I nearly failed my grade cause my days have been something like this:

Sleep: 10 hours
Sonic: 1-2 hours
Outside/Life: 2-3 hours
Games in general otherwise: 6-8 hours
Various everyday stuff: 1 hour
Learning school stuff I was supposed to: 0.03-0.05Sec

so yeah, this topic and my appearance is officially temp-killed by me till I fix these uncalled for results, its probably good timing anyway cause the site has been going down every day which is stupid and i got nothing left to do on sa2b at the moment since green hill was easily pwnd and zealous > should be off to a fresh start when i get back. =)

Print

Hits: 165 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.13 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.