don't click here

SSR Rule Discussion

Print

Author Topic: SSR Rule Discussion  (Read 2487 times)

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
SSR Rule Discussion
« on: February 24, 2007, 02:06:45 am »
Since submissions are likely going up in a few days, we should work out some rules for competition in Secret Rings. Here's a recap of everything we know so far:

Action Bonus-Number of pearls collected
Enemy Bonus-Number of enemies defeated times 3.
Ring Bonus-Ring total times 3. Rings added to your total by abilities do not count towards your ring bonus.
Technical Bonus-Total hits/death multiplier; for hits, 2.0>1.5>1.2>1.1>1.0, for deaths 2.0>1.0, for failure .3.

The timer slows down with Time Break.

Bonuses are carried over after death, but any bonuses obtained after the checkpoint from which Sonic is respawning are not. After death, the clock is reset to what it was at the last checkpoint reached, and any increases to the soul gauge are carried over.

Now, a recap of what is not know and needs to be tested.

-What the maximum time is and what happens when it is reached.
-The full list of abilities and their effects
-Whether the regular timer matches the time break timer frame by frame (for example, the actions performed during time break might register as taking less time than in regular mode-the only way to test this is a frame by frame comparison).
-Nothing else, really.

The major issue that will need to be dealt with is death with the soul gauge. Should we take action to prevent this and, if so, what should be done? A death limiter seems like a good way to prevent this, but that has its problems, especially in some of the harder missions.

Assuming that we decide to take such a preventitive measure, should death abuse involving the soul gauge be grounds for a freestyle division?

This should serve as a launching point for further discussion. Personally, I'm all for death abuse being part of the main divisions, but I won't be competing here so my input probably isn't as important as someone who will be.

Also, I shall hereon call 'death abuse with soul gauge' 'pearling'. It's a fitting title and technique names have to start somewhere.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline KnucklesSonic8

Re: SSR Rule Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 12:53:52 pm »
Addressing your issues...

-What the maximum time is and what happens when it is reached.
I don't think there is one, really but I've never taken THAT long on a mission. Most ever was like 9 minutes.

-The full list of abilities and their effects
An FAQ is coming out soon. But I know most anyway. For Ring Competition, from the ones I have only two are notable for that specific area: "Ring Counter" - adds 5 to counter at start of mission. Some other one that gives additional rings after a death as opposed to having 0 and another one I think... Wait for the FAQ.

-Whether the regular timer matches the time break timer frame by frame (for example, the actions performed during time break might register as taking less time than in regular mode-the only way to test this is a frame by frame comparison).
How... in-depth... Can't help you there.. :)
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Print

Hits: 79 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.02 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.