don't click here

Hello, new competition coming in :)

Print

Author Topic: Hello, new competition coming in :)  (Read 8716 times)

Hello, new competition coming in :)
« on: February 19, 2007, 10:53:12 pm »
Hello all.  I wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Trevor Fayas, i'm an uber sonic freak, with my favorite game SA2.  I've beaten it 100% twice (no cheats, no nothing), as well as Sonic 1, 2 (sonic, tails, and knuckles), 3 (sonic, tails, and knuckles), SADX, Sonic heroes, sonic riders, sonic 3D, umm....yeah :P i'm on a mission to beat all the sonic games 100%.  I've also watched all 240 sonic cartoons, have the movie, and run the worlds largest and most popular Sonic Sprite comic, sonicandpals.com.  And my girlfriend is also a sonic freak like me :P

Sonic Adventure 2 is by far my favorite, and the one i will be competing in. Heck, even got me into SOAPing (which was dead, me and some others got SOAP grind shoes back in production, currently me and my business partner are the ONLY people who sell SOAPs on my web site).

Can't wait to start finding perfect runs, and hopefully i'll put up some competition, although i think a lot of these people are hard core SA2 players and it will take some time to 'catch up'  lol.

So, um, Hey!  :D   ^.^  Just one quick question, how do we submit videos?  I can save my video directly to my dxg 521 roadster cam (it has an input port).  I usually just upload all my videos anyways, will that be fine?  LIke google video, or is there a prefered method?

Offline Ring Rush

Re: Hello, new competition coming in :)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 11:25:01 pm »
Under submissions on the left there is a place to upload videos. This site will do all the hosting, and that is the preferred method. Just get the okay from one of the higher-ups first.

And this belongs in the hi forum.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 12:01:06 am »
ahhh i see, thank you :)  i missed the hi forum, sorry ^.^;  i posted here though cuz i wanted to say hi to the competitors

Offline Waxwings

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 12:08:06 am »
Just focus yourself on your goals.
Try, say a second off your old time.
Don't get frustrated, you'll make it where you can.

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 12:15:50 am »
Note that you need approval to upload videos.  Do you have samples of some of your Google videos so we can get an idea of the level of quality?

and run the worlds largest and most popular Sonic Sprite comic, sonicandpals.com.
Is that assessment based simply on the 509 error your site gives ("They ran me out of bandwidth, so I must be popular!")?  The Alexa rank worse than 2,000,000 makes for a doubtful claim that a site is the "most popular" anything.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 01:02:10 am »
Welcome to TSC, Sonicandpals.  From the sounds of it, you play quite a few Sonic games.  Hope to see some good stats :)
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 02:16:51 am »
^.^ glad you guys are nice, lol, i know some places you get some nasty people.

Firstly, Its' good advice to just beat your goal, i started with fastest time in city escape was like...u forgot lol, but i got it down to 2:25, which i think was like a 30 second improvement.  I usually go for points so i'm a bit new to the pure time trial (love hitting all the combos, fav missions are city escape and crazy gadget).

As for the comic thing, i base it off that I'm the top ranked sonic sprite comic on the largest comic lists, buzzcomics and topwebcomics, currently the only other one sharing the page is inSONICnia from themysticalforestzone, but they are below me, and as for size i haven't found anyone who has the near 1200 comics up that I do (i'm a daily updater).  (and actually yes, I did run out of my 50 gig bandwidth month, my hosting service had to up me to 75 gigs lol)

Man, that speed video is killer though!  I got to work on my B+A thing, i thought i would be okay since i've gotten SSBM's short hop and other similar techniques down (another one of my fav games, fox kicks butt).  But yet, it alludes me, so that is my mission to work on those.

Playing this games makes me want to take my SOAPs and hit some rails :P
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 02:28:43 am by Sonicandpals »

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 02:30:54 am »
Hey there dude, welcome to TSC :D
Did you not think I had a mind?

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 02:34:47 am »
maybe i should try to get Jim into this.  I saw the link to the golden eye and perfect dark ranking, Jim Barrett is a freind of mine, he's was at one point one of the top ranked goldeneye players in the world, the guy has no life though lol.  He's fun though, tells ur momma jokes like there is no tommarow.  He would be good at this if he ever decided to get off bond nad onto sonic.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 02:48:36 am »
O.o i htought you were kidding about the bandwidth, my site aleady went over 50 gigs -.- they must not have put in the extra 25 gigs.  hehe -.-

Offline X-5

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 08:46:32 am »
  He would be good at this if he ever decided to get off bond nad onto sonic.

he hasn't played competitively played GE in ages, unless you mean for fun / multiplayer and all that.

anyway welcome  to the world of TSC and SA2, and whatever other game you may wish to compete in-it's not always as fun as it seems.

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 01:27:16 pm »
Yeah, but he always talks of going back and tryign to beat hte people that beat him. 

Anyways, yay!  I beat my record of 2:25 and now it's 2:16 (although sould be 1:13, i missed the goal ring 3 times lol in my rush).

How though do you bounce attack to rails to go faster?  just timing?  i'm starting to get my bounce attack a little bit, need more work though.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 01:32:23 pm »
Yeah its just a case of spindash jumping and bouncing onto the rails
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline X-5

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 01:53:34 pm »
(try) to jump at the bottom of the rail your on, and bounce attack the very tip of the next. I say try because no one is perfect, just do the best you can and you'll get better.

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 08:01:15 pm »
yay, 2:13.  I found out if you stop running when you hit the ramp in the green area, you land onthe hill making it easier to jump the fence and do the bounce.  Also found out in order to do an "awesome" on the first ramp when ur boarding down the hill, you have to turn at the last second and don't turn back to straighten out, it slows u down making that move impossible.

Print

Hits: 148 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.13 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.