don't click here

Sonic the Fighters: Settings to be used

Print

Author Topic: Sonic the Fighters: Settings to be used  (Read 22687 times)

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
Sonic the Fighters: Settings to be used
« on: February 17, 2007, 08:40:24 am »
I'm assuming it is Normal with a 2 match count with a normal energy maximum, right? I just need you guys to affirm this because it isn't in the rules or anything. Or can we select whatever we want? Iunno, it wasn't mentioned last time I checked.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Sonic the Fighters: Settings to be used
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 09:06:44 am »
I think we agreed in the other topic on using the default rules, which was normal enemy rank, 2 match count, 30-second round time, and normal energy max.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 10:09:22 am »
Also, how the shit are you supposed to rank Robotnik's Hangar? The time for that stage isn't even displayed.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 10:41:20 am »
It's called "math."  Take the time remaining when you win and subtract it from 15 seconds.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 10:43:16 am »
I should get Gems.

Blergh if there was a way I could download this somehow I would.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 11:35:30 am »
I should get Gems.

Blergh if there was a way I could download this somehow I would.

I hear you can emulate it, but it's ultra-slow or something.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 12:45:34 pm »
wah!  maybe give me a reason to play this game again and get good at it...metal sonic kicks my ass all the time except with knuckles.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 01:10:28 pm »
wah!  maybe give me a reason to play this game again and get good at it...metal sonic kicks my ass all the time except with knuckles.

Replace "Metal Sonic" with any of the following:

Tails
Bean
Fang

and you're right.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 01:56:45 pm »
Well the ROM I got failed so nevermind.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 04:31:16 pm »
All settings were divulged to Rolken but he didn't put them up. Surprise, surprise. >_> Anyway, I'm grateful to him for at least putting it up. All Rules are as follows:

-All submissions must be made on Normal Difficulty only.
-All settings must be left to their defaults for your times to count. This includes 'Barrier: 5', 'Hyper Mode: On', 'Automatic: Off', 'Damage: Low', 'Match Time: 30', 'Energy Max: Normal', and 'Match Count: 2'. Changing any will result in a void submission.
-If you become Super Sonic on the last level, your final clear time can count towards the "All [Sonic]" category.

With regards to the Robotnik's Hangar, time IS displayed. It is whatever time that's left, that is what you submit.

The "All" category is your Clear Time.

Would be a lot easier if he actually posted them up and read what I put in the document... :P
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 04:39:20 pm »
Er, ks8, for the Hangar, Groudon and I did the math and corrected our times.  Otherwise, they don't add up corectly for the Total.  And AFAIK, if you earn Super Sonic, your Death Egg's Eye and Hangar times still count.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 04:51:36 pm »
Omg. Championship! :o I won't have it for long though, I'm sure. With competition really starting, I'm gonna head on over back to Gems and replay all div's I need stats for and improve horrible ones.

Thorn, care to help me with my Hangar times, then?
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 05:26:23 pm »
yay rom works now.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 06:39:39 pm »
You know how TSC doesn't allow anything like Action Replay?  Well, Metal Sonic is hereby disqualified from fighting anybody.  Why?  Because it took me HALF A FUCKING HOUR to defeat this piece of cheating shit using Tails.  I swear, I sometimes get in a rare KO only to be thrashed by his cheating ways.  He is disqualified because he has an Action Replay in his disk drive.
* Groudon shot over and over

Seriously, I was about ready to throw my Gamecube against the wall, throw it into the street so it'd get run over by a truck, and smash it over and over with a sledgehammer.  That's how FURIOUS I was.

And Psy... I don't think the times for Robotnik's Hanger you're submitting are the correct ones.  I think you're submitting the time remaining, based on your Tails comment "I really need improvement on this stage." with 4.80 (and the record).  Subtract your submitted times from 15 seconds.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 07:46:56 pm by Groudon »

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 08:05:45 pm »
He isnt, he has a win strat heh

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 08:13:53 pm »
Well, the only time I've gotten under 5 seconds on that one using Sonic was on the easiest difficulty setting with the highest damage setting.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 09:13:27 pm »
I have a good strat, I just fail to execute it perfectly.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 09:15:23 pm »
I have another question.  How long did it take you to beat Death Egg's Eye with Tails?  Not level time, real time.  It took me half an hour because Metal Sonic cheats.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2007, 10:20:34 pm »
I can't beat MS that fast either... heh, it took me 15 min iirc... usually it takes a bit longer >.>

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 10:45:36 pm »
The full Tails run I did earlier tonight was horrid, as you could tell.  Not only did I uberly suck at the Metal Sonic fight, I lost once to regular Sonic.

But seriously, anyone that can KO you twice in 15 seconds is a cheater.  Now imagine this game on the PS3, which I've heard has very smart AI.  StF on PS3=uber-cheating Metal Sonic

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 10:58:03 pm »
Plus itd be a huge waste of 599 US dollars <_<

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 02:12:04 am »
Just clarifying:

You do know that the only time you can take for the level is the time the game gives to you, right?

<3 Thorn.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 10:28:53 am »
For individual levels, it gives you the level time on all of them except Robotnik's Hanger.  There, your final level time is not displayed.  You have to take the time remaining on the clock and subtract that from 15 seconds.  And like Thorn said, changing the rankings to rank those times as highest=record would screw up the calculating for the total.

As for All, it takes the total time you've been fighting.  So if you take 30 minutes fighting Metal Sonic, those 30 minutes will be added to the All total.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 05:19:53 pm »

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 06:22:26 pm »
Quote from: TSC CONSTITUTION, READ IT BITCH
If you’re pressing Submit on your third one-liner in a row, you might want to stop and think about the quality of what you’re posting.

Quote from: PsyBorg
Quote from: Groudon
Robotnik's Hanger
I can't beat MS that fast either... heh, it took me 15 min iirc... usually it takes a bit longer >.>
I have a good strat, I just fail to execute it perfectly.

Well?  Do we get to do evil things to you as punishment?
* Thorn is shot instead.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 11:13:11 pm »
Metal Sonic's attacks do a lot of damage, plus that drill dash attack (when he goes across the arena)
blocks any other attacks that might be hitting him. Other than that, he doesn't cheat.
Oh, and AI depends on the programmer, not on the system. Very old systems would be limited, though.

Speaking of StF, I should get my all clear time written down. I should also play a little for each stage.
(Yeah, and I should play SA more. And I should do this. And that. And...)
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 02:50:42 am »
metal sonic is a cheating mother fucker and I dont give a damn what anyone says.

this game reminds me of early VF gameplay with the button layouts and moves (hell even Yu Sazuki had a hand in it...just not much because I believe metal sonic wouldn't have been so cheap).

well ok I might take that back, I mean he does remind me of Dural, but even she wasn't a complete cheap ass and you could actually beat her if you had the skills.  Also anther thing is the GC controller isn't that great for this game, I mean I'm trying to do specific moves and having some problems doing them.  Also I really wish this was more of a thought out fighter...nothing like VF is today, but at least some balance.  Sure this was a fun little title for arcades, but damn I'm sure I didn't want to waste a bunch of quarters just to learn I cant win because the AI is cheap.  (I mean what fighting game have you played that you can be thrown while attacking?) 

anyway when I play as everyone, my times are going to be bad...really fucking bad.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 06:36:01 am »
Well, he was pretty easy to beat using Sonic (which never happened before), but he was a nightmare with Tails, as you can tell by my All time.  Half the time, I try the cheapest way to win (by picking him up and dropping him) and I get pwned because Tails either punches or misses the grab by just a few pixels.  And whenever I try that up+punch move, when Tails would land on MS when he releases his charge attack, Tails gets nailed and MS is unscathed.

And yeah, I have a lot of trouble performing some moves as well, as I just mentioned by the grab.

Offline Giza

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2007, 01:34:47 pm »
Well, he was pretty easy to beat using Sonic (which never happened before), but he was a nightmare with Tails, as you can tell by my All time.  Half the time, I try the cheapest way to win (by picking him up and dropping him) and I get pwned because Tails either punches or misses the grab by just a few pixels.  And whenever I try that up+punch move, when Tails would land on MS when he releases his charge attack, Tails gets nailed and MS is unscathed.

And yeah, I have a lot of trouble performing some moves as well, as I just mentioned by the grab.
Tails should be one of the people how has the easiest times against MS. His dodge is actually one that will get him out of Metal Sonic's grab range, its fast enough for MS neutral not to follow. Just abuse dodging a lot.

Quote from: Shadow Jacky
metal sonic is a cheating mother fucker and I dont give a damn what anyone says.

this game reminds me of early VF gameplay with the button layouts and moves (hell even Yu Sazuki had a hand in it...just not much because I believe metal sonic wouldn't have been so cheap).

well ok I might take that back, I mean he does remind me of Dural, but even she wasn't a complete cheap ass and you could actually beat her if you had the skills. Also I really wish this was more of a thought out fighter...nothing like VF is today, but at least some balance.  Sure this was a fun little title for arcades, but damn I'm sure I didn't want to waste a bunch of quarters just to learn I cant win because the AI is cheap.  (I mean what fighting game have you played that you can be thrown while attacking?)
The AI in Sonic the Fighters is not cheap, in fact generally they are retard. They are good at backstepping and crouching moves but thats about it. The Bean, Tails and Sonic are the best AI in the game and the others kind of suck. Metal Sonic is a boss, and therefore is overpowered, but there are many ways around him. I am not sure about Metal Sonic's moveset and I am sure in the hands of a human he would be unstoppable. But the MS's AI is not that brilliant though. You can just abuse some simple tactics to get passed him, though he is whats keeping my Bean score from being as good as I would like it.

Amazingly this game is a well thought out fighter. Its a little hard to see at first, the Catch up system kinda hides this fact from 'decent' players. There are a lot of defense tactics that the AIs like to use, but they are predictable to skilled players. I must say that perhaps it is not as well thought out for speed runs than other games but I dont think that was what it was meant for. Its mainly made for player versus player. The game is actually extremely brilliant. For a 3d fighter in 1996 you have a wide variety of offensive and defensive tactics, a decent amount of attacks, unique and semi-balanced characters and decent strategy and spacing tactics involved. Very beautifully made, and underrated game.

Print

Hits: 312 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.21 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.