don't click here

Plans for RPGmaker 2003

Print

Author Topic: Plans for RPGmaker 2003  (Read 26748 times)

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Re: Plans for RPGmaker 2003
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2007, 11:59:59 am »
Description: Dark clothing should preferably consist of black and dark blue commoner clothing (common shirt/pants) or something that implies the character wears light armor (armor of choice for ranger type characters). If possible, a camo pattern would be nice.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 07:25:08 pm »
Appearance: Great, still haven't thought this thru... I'll wing it based on what I really look like.  I'm thinking light brown hair, parted in the middle, not anything you'd consider short or long... and "commoner clothing", to quote magnum.  When I'm loafing around, I'm using wearing a gray hoodie, unzipped, with a dark red or blue t-shirt underneath, jeans, and black sneakers.  I'm not tall or short, either.

Attacks: Okay, I'm not sure on the limits of what's possible, so I'm reading a tutorial for RPGmaker.  I don't suppose I'd have any problems doing your stereotypical "brandish a sword and some weird energy wave comes out and hits the enemy" move.  As embarrassing as this is... gimme a day or two (hopefully one, don't wanna hold you up), and I'll make a .mpeg of any of the karate I practice that I think could be animated.  It's hard to describe in words when I'm spinning 360°.  RPGmaker shows the left side of characters by default, right?  I'll film from the side then.

I wanna leave three options open that I read in a tutorial:
1. "Steal" command: not my personality, but hey, I'll do whatever I care to in a game.
2. Transform: following one of genus's move ideas, but I'm looking to throw my TSC background into this one.  I'd hafta think of more appearances, though, and I was bad enough with the first.
3. Blinking: I will be a blinking god if I must be.  Most worthless tutorial I've seen yet.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 07:51:29 pm »
Well, I can't think of anything good to steal...  Transforming... I dunno... And blinking?  Feel free to show me this tutorial.

Also, sword wave?  Sure you don't want a fist wave or something?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 09:21:11 pm by Quartz »
Hi

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2007, 03:37:39 pm »
Er, sure, fist wave, why not.  I want to get one or two moves filmed, to give you some idea what I do.

I found the thing with the tutorials here.  'Twas called "Zorn's Rm2k Tool".  Most of it's a joke, really.  The first thing it gives you is a random name generator for skills, items, etc.  There's a button in it, though, that opens up a list of tutorials.  Some are good, some are bad, because they all seem to be made by different people.  And some things may be slightly different between RPGmaker 2000 and 2003.  Here's a list of the tutorials in it, in the order I see them:

Sideview/Front-to-back Battle Systems
Bank Tutorial
Character Transformation Skill (basically a switch to a "hidden" party member who represents the original character, looks simple)
Moving Clouds
Blinking Characters (done via edited pics)
Bank Tutorial (this one claims to be "better"...)
Caterpillar (party follows leader in overworld)
Day/Night Tutorial
Dynamic Party (wanders area, gives options for adding/removing members)
Compass (from the sample game from RPGmaker 2000)
Flash Tutorial (has nothing to do with RPGmaker...)
Sharing Games with Others
Newbie Tutorial
(a useless one here)
Random Crap

There's more, but I'm sure you know how to do a lot of it, else you wouldn't be taking on a project like this.  Also, searching for that video camera still.  I can't describe half of the shit I do.

EDIT: I just looked at the tutorials on www.gamingw.net/tutorials too, and they look spiffy too.  I just think that odd quirks outside of the norm give a game some appeal.

EDIT 2: Another thought, on the note of you wanting original MIDIs... RPGmaker supports MP3s and WAVs too, right?  Any music I modded for my hack is yours to use.  Gens can rip it as a 16-bit WAV, and you can knock down the filesize by converting it to an 8-bit.

EDIT 3: Camera found, yay.  Now to get this footage made.  This better be worth it, it got me quoted again in chat :P  Footage will be out tonight if I get it filmed and compressed first shot, else tomorrow.  I think you'll be surprised at how simplistic it will look, but unless you want to animate 80,000 frames, it's what you get [/covering_up_for_sore_muscles]

EDIT *counts on fingers* 4: Well, I've got footage.  Here you go.

EDIT 5: Damn, this post is growing.  But I had a thought last night: you asked us about attacks and appreaances, but what about attributes?  Everybody'll probably imagine their stats in a different way.  I say everyone gives themselves a score in all six stats, and maybe a score in rare/character-specific items.  Max five points per category, and max 21 total (3 x 7).  Just wondering, I'm trying to play an active role in deciding my digital fate. :P
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 06:14:45 pm by Thorn »
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Print

Hits: 689 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1009.85 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.