don't click here

Bye guys

Print

Author Topic: Bye guys  (Read 36454 times)

Offline X-5

Re: Bye guys
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2006, 07:37:10 am »
Problem solved.  Everyone in the topic can enjoy their new usergroups.

by any chance, did my title have anything to do with this new (probably temporary) Position change?

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2006, 09:41:02 am »
Not to my knowledge, then again iono
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2006, 10:01:59 am »
I had a feeling you guys would either scare him off or piss him off. Looks like you performed both objectives here.

Sorry you've had a bad start, cake. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably get mad as well but I don't think I'd go as far as you did. Anyway, if you really do leave, it was nice knowing you for whatever short time I knew you and I hope I performed the opposite of what others have done.
Sorry, but why exactly should someone with an attitude towards staff and existing members who post irrelevant nonsense have people's respect?  You do not have a God-given right to our respect, you have to earn it.  People expecting something for nothing annoy me.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • ^ sonicandamy-your lovable sonic rush boss leader
    • View Profile
hey... cake
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2006, 03:14:25 pm »
i've been reading lots of your topics and alot of the post on them were u then get owned and then   you get mad.  i'll tell you just break some of those records they got, they will continue to own you and everything, the way to handle your anger  is have a lil part of your mind telling you ..."ya i owned your records wat then"
                                 ~FROM NEW USER TO NEW USER~
Megabyte-sized sigs can get off the internet.
-Rolken

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2006, 04:18:12 pm »
^I don't think that some people get it... we don't have a problem with some senseless banter.  But look at the forum.  ks8, "if you were in [his] shoes", you wouldn't have posted a topic on toilets.  Your topics are largely related to upcoming games as far as I can see.  We don't just decide to scare everybody off, else you and I sure as hell wouldn't have 300+ posts.

sonicandamy, the whole "from new user to new user" thing obviously implies that you think we did the same thing to you.  So I'm gonna try this.
Quote from: sonicandamy (edited)
I've been reading a lot of your topics and many of the replies to them had you getting owned and then getting mad.  I'll tell you, just break some of the records they have; they will continue to own you.  The way to handle your anger is to have a little part of your mind telling you, "Yeah, I owned your records, what now?"
And in all honesty I don't even think that's what you meant, because I couldn't understand the meaning of that garbled mess.  I tried my best to make English out of it, you know, with periods, and capital letters.  You don't hafta be perfect (see how I just said "hafta", and started a sentence with "and"?), but damn, I shouldn't need to read every post five times to understand it.  Also I don't believe in what you posted: we'll stop dissing when we see intelligent posts.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2006, 04:39:17 pm »
I understood it...I think

I think sonicandamy was saying that by breaking a world record, you would have somewhat of a mental boost in self esteem, so the next time someone on here badmouths you, you wouldn't have to necessarily say to them "oh yeah, well I have world records!", but you could just remind yourself that you are a world record holder and that alone makes you special or unique or something magical like that

which I don't really agree with by the way...

In regards to the whole cake thing, I'm going to try to explain to cake as best as I can in my current state this whole situation. keep in mind that I'm running on about 2 hours of sleep from the past 60 or so hours and I've got a huge math final to stay up and study for, so excuse all my grammar errors and sentences that don't make sense.

Anyway...

As knuckles said, I can understand from your perspective why you would get angry. I mean, after all, you meant no harm to the community. You were just another sonic fan that was interested in learning more about competitive gaming and came here to not only learn, but to have fun. After trying to be friendly and have  a good time, you get yelled at for what seems to be no apparent reason other then the harassing of a new member and got angry.

I don't think you ever really took the time to look at this from our perspective though

um...ok, time for Taco's bad analogies!

Cake, I have no idea how old you are (though we can always assume something lower then 10 based on some of your reactions) so I'm not sure if you've ever had a legit job before or are even old enough to have a job. Regardless, think of this place as a company, and you are applying for a position here.

When you apply for a job in real life, you usually have to fill out an application. Should the company be interested in hiring you you will most likely be contacted through one of several means (telephone, email... whatever). This is usually followed by an interview to make sure that you meet the standards that the company is looking for to fulfill that job position.

Maybe I'm just doped up on sugar and sleeping pills (which don't FRICKING WORK!), but I think TSC can be related to that of a business corporation.

Like any company, when you apply to become a member of TSC you need to fill out the application, asking for all of your basic contact details. There's  also the rules and guidelines statement you need to read as well, in order  to know how the company/site functions, what is, isn't allowed, and other various thingamadooders. Once you've completed your application for  TSC, you'll usually (instantaneously) get a reply from us in your email inbox, to confirm that you are who you say you are and to show that yes, we are interested in hiring new members. In regards to the interview portion of applying for a job here,  there used to be a validation forum where members would demonstrate that they were capable of being mature  enough to post on this site, but it was taken down recently (not entirely sure  why). So lucky you! You don't have to do an interview with Rolko (or SM <_<)

Now, the first few days of any job can be hard. This makes sense, as it's your first day, and you're getting used to the duties that need to be done as well as the enviorment and community that make the company what it is. Certain actions, however, simply cannot be tolerated when it comes to the business world. If an employee were to be acting immature, making poop jokes, and not fulfilling their expected obligations, than no doubt, the company would not be pleased. Sure, you're trying to fit into the community, but there's a thing called first impression. Having a bad first impression during a job interview or your first few days of work by acting immature is not a good thing. Just like working for a company, acting immature and causing toilets to overflow in The Sonic Center bathroom facilities is not a good way to make a good first  impression. Doing this will make us assume that you are not intelligent and deem you not applicable for TSC member status.

Now, I can't say that I've never acted immaturely, because I have. In fact, I do it all the time. I'm also not that smart of a guy compared to many of the other regular members here. My IQ is probably equivalent to that of the number of records I still hold (which shouldn't be that many by now). The reason I, along with many members, can get away with this level of immaturity though is because we are part of the community and are familiar with each other. We know each other well enough to be able to trust one another, and when a job needs to be done, we know we can count on the others to do their part. There's nothing wrong with having a little fun every now and then, but if you're just going to come over here and have fun by spamming the forums with pointless topics without contributing even a percent of intelligent discussion, than you might as well have posted all that in TSS forums...

^ack...all of that above came out so much better in my head...it  looks so unorganized above, but whatever...^

ok, so in regards  to your current positions here at TSC right now. It's not looking too good for  you. Many of the members view you as an immature trouble maker. Mainly because your career highlights  include yelling at other members who have been a part  of this community faaar longer then you have, and making irrelevant posts. Now, if you want to still be a part of the community, you can change this, but it will be a fairly long journey for you. It might take alot of convincing to change the other member's views on you. At this point, I honestly think it might even be easier to break a world record or two then to convince the community as a whole that you are a smart and intelligent individual who is mature. I'll give  you credit where it's due though, and I can see that you have been trying to do better here, but I think you're trying a bit too hard. You do not necessarily have  to reply to every post here.  Half the time I don't know what these nutbags are talking about, so I just stay out of the conversation. If it's something that regards my interests however, then I show some of my own input. Your posts shouldn't be forced really, they should just come from you, the mature side of you.

Just take it easy, take a deep breath, acknowledge the fact that you could of perhaps acted a bit more  maturely your first few days here, and just...yeah...take it easy dude. I know what it's like, I was in the EXACT same position you were in quite a few years back (at a different forum of course). I know and understand how it feels to have practically the entire community against you. It's really not a great feeling at all...so I'm cutting you some slack. I think you should look back  at some of your posts though. You might see them from a different perspective then the day you wrote them in a frusturated or angry mindset.

Some sites are just not for everyone. I think this is one of them. If you can't look back and admit wrongly to your mistakes and fix up your act, then you honestly just might be better off sticking to sonikku forums.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 04:46:01 pm by Taco »

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2006, 04:48:47 pm »
^Taco, that post is long enough to use for my Senior Paper in high school.  Can I borrow it?  I'll give it back to you when it's graded.

...although you are completely right.  I just think that nobody else in the topic had thought that deeply into it.  It really does all sum up to "be mature".  Kinda reminds me of when I was first on the site.  A year ago today, I was still tentative about posting.  I wasn't in chat either.  I was just the guy that competed on occasion, and had the topic saying that the site would have a few Chaotix vids soon.  Hell, the first time I got into chat, it wasn't even really me in chat; it was during the time that RPG, Aita, and I all swapped identities, and I had to play RPG. When the time comes to be the active member and have posts left and right, it'll just sort of... feel right.  God, I'm acting like this place is some sort of church, but since my first forum account was on GameFAQs, I just can't look at n00bs anymore.

Offline Rane

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2006, 06:02:38 pm »
Taco: Nice speech, but I doubt he will read it.
Also, I doubt he deserves it, seeing as this thread started with him saying "fuck you all you guys suck"..

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2006, 08:02:26 pm »
Taco: Nice speech, but I doubt he will read it.
Also, I doubt he deserves it, seeing as this thread started with him saying "fuck you all you guys suck"..
Ever been backed into a corner?  How'd the saying go?  A rat trapped in a corner or something?

The point is, would you do differently under pressure?
Hi

Offline Rane

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2006, 09:36:58 pm »
Well, random insults lead nowhere, thats for sure.

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2006, 09:41:11 pm »
You know, you culd just ignore him. that usally gets people to stop. but the whole lol noob thing provokes them to do more damage.
-Rolken

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2006, 09:46:17 pm »
^He seems to seriously be asking why, as far as I can tell.  If his goal was to vandalize the boards, he could've been done already.

Also it can't be helping that everybody is discussing him.

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2006, 09:48:32 pm »
well, i dont think we have to talk about him anymore, hes not been in the chatrooms and i havent seen him all day. this topic should be deleted this is a dumb topic to be a hot topic.
-Rolken

Offline CodeGirl

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2006, 10:04:40 pm »
I hear there have been topics a lot like this one, that were left open and permitted to manifest into what you call "hot topic" status.  Usually it becomes a game of "dogpile on the rabbit," but everyone seems not to mind.  Except possibly the hapless victim, but usually there's a reason for them not to matter.

Offline cake

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2006, 04:55:07 pm »
Im not under 10 im 14 stupid I just dont post much but any way Why do you expect me to listen to you when you yell? No I'll act imature to piss you off haha. Whatever I dont like it here bye

You don't seem too good at the 'bye' part. Why don't I help you out.
-Rolken, editing to preserve 999post status >_>
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 05:13:22 pm by Rolken »

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2006, 05:02:18 pm »
Then you get banned so that you cant do that.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Print

Hits: 508 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.15 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.