don't click here

I have an important question...

Poll

...do I have a chance at being competitive in Sonic Adventure II: Battle?

Yes, you have great potential
0 (0%)
Yes, if you work extremely hard
5 (83.3%)
Maybe, not enough information to tell
1 (16.7%)
No, you probably won't be good enough
0 (0%)
No, you will never catch up with long-term users
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Print

Author Topic: I have an important question...  (Read 8207 times)

Offline Ring Rush

I have an important question...
« on: December 06, 2006, 06:07:54 pm »
I just got Sonic Adventure II: Battle two weeks ago. I have 165 emblems, including an all-A rank for Knuckles (would be for Rouge too if it wasn't for Route 280, Mission 4 >_<). After seeing the videos on this site, and having a lot of fun in the game, I am inspired to attempt at becoming a competitive player.

If anyone has played Super Smash Brothers: Melee, I am a competitive BtTer (Break the Targets). I know sonic stages are MUCH longer, but I am prepared from expirience to try the same thing many times.

Here are a few more questions for this thread:

- What is the easiest way to get 99 lives? It seems impossible to do a lot of the knuckle/rouge mission 1s without that much.

- Is there anything I should know about that isn't in the guides?

- How do you A-rank mission 4 of Route 280? >_>

- Can I have some general tips for Tails/Eggman levels? They are definately my weakness...I struggle on many of them and have very few A ranks for them.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: I have an important question...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 06:14:16 pm »
I may be 3rd in the SA2B Ranks, but at this present moment Im restoring my Hard Drive from DVD back ups so Ill give you tips at some point in the near future~

So for now, hey there dude, welcome to TSC :D
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 07:04:29 pm »

And one last thing - does anyone have good "beginner times" to work for in each level? What are some good times in each level that I should aim for before progressing into harder scores?
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 07:08:02 pm »
Hi there.

Going for a high green stat would be good.  Blue is for people who JUST got the game.  You have many A-Ranks, so you're not that new.  Try to go for low-to-mid yellow if you can.  Me... I'm not big on scores, and I try to aim for at least mid yellow on times.

Offline X-5

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 07:18:47 pm »
there's really no sure answer for your topic question- as your really only as good as you want to be. for example if theres a certain record I want then I get it, however if I know I can't get it and/or don't enjoy playing the level I just play it a handful of times and settle for something atleast halfway decent. Basically, the more you play a level the better your times will be, mainly because you get it memorized and know exactly when to do what.

Edit: just saw your post, here's the times I got on my first try and are good time  targets to work for.
City escape: 2:40
Metal harbor: 1:56
Green jungle: 2:00
Pyramid cave: 3:00
Radical highway:2:20(Watch Cybrax's video and you'll get this easy)
Sky rail: 1:00

And about zones, Yellow or orange are good targets, maybe green as said if your just starting out.

- How do you A-rank mission 4 of Route 280? >_>

I think the game is pretty easy on you for this one, I don't remember exactly how much time was left on the countdown timer but on my file select screen it says it took me 3:42 to beat, so aim for 3:42 or below and you should get an A rank.

Not so sure about the rest of the questions, though there's many SA2 players that know much more than me and i'm sure can help you out. and last but not least, welcome to the site and have fun playing SA2- I look forward to seeing you on the charts!

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 07:29:59 pm »
Thank you paragod, I know I've already beaten some of those times, and I'll try to beat the rest of them after I finish my homework.

And hello Groudon!

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 07:47:30 pm »
- What is the easiest way to get 99 lives? It seems impossible to do a lot of the knuckle/rouge mission 1s without that much.

Action Replay >_>

If not, choose something like Wild Canyon. Collect 100 rings and collect the 3 or 4 lives in the level. When collecting your first piece, see if it is there and if not; get the closest life and restart. That is what I would do.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 07:56:04 pm »
IIRC, the cut off point for R280 M4's A rank is 3:45 :X

EDIT: Fastest way to 99 lives; Start Pyramid Cave 1, get both extra lives in the first hallway, exit the level and re-enter.

Once you get the hang of doing it quickly, you can have 99 lives in ~20 minutes
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 09:06:59 pm »
I just do M2 so I can TA at the same time. I always get the one life by the ring capsule, and depending on how my run's going (more often than not, I'll fuck up the first capsule) I'll get the second life. Then I just finish M1 because I can still do it in less than 40 seconds, getting the second life and all.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 11:58:56 pm »
Hello everyone else that has posted in this topic.

And that was fast...I already am in the red zone in Death Chamber mission 3. I just need to wait for submissions to get back up...

Offline maggot

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • old-school 2D pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 02:30:34 pm »
I can't really tell much about Sonic Adventure II: Battle... but anyway...

Welcome to TSC!
you can run, but not fast enough...

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 04:26:38 pm »
If there ever was a time attack ranking system in SA2B, I always though 1:40 would be a gold medal for Metal Harbor

or platinum...or whatever the highest would be, I don't know...

Funny that you say super smash brothers though, as that's actually what I've been spending most of my time doing recently.
My break the target times are average. They range anywhere from 10 - 25 seconds, but I've definetly seen some of the vids (hell, I even got to play against Joe Bushman and got my ass raped  by him!) and I must say they are really really crazy

If you time attack break the targets at a professional level, then you can simply apply the concept of dedication and commitment here as well. The more time you put into something, the better it will be.

Anyway, welcome to the site!

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 09:53:02 pm »
Welcome to TSC! :)

If you time attack break the targets at a professional level, then you can simply apply the concept of dedication and commitment here as well. The more time you put into something, the better it will be.
True. Sonic time-attacking is similar, although you're obviously playing a very different game.
And the length isn't usually that bad... except for those times that you have to skip checkpoints. :(

Tails stages? There are secret places where you can get bigger combos or a lot of rings.
Focus on getting the biggest combos possible (without getting hit of course),
but try to go fairly quickly. Shortcuts are usually bad if you're going for a high score.
I might be able to give better help if you name a specific stage, but maybe someone else could help more.
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Print

Hits: 116 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.12 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.