don't click here

itt Inter-TSC Constructive Criticism

Print

Author Topic: itt Inter-TSC Constructive Criticism  (Read 46836 times)

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
itt Inter-TSC Constructive Criticism
« on: September 30, 2006, 10:19:14 pm »
You know what? I'm tired of talking going on behind people's backs. Everyone has something to say about everyone else, but never when they're...there. Almost everyone has one personality trait that is undesirable, but nothing is said to them that would ever change it. Instead, they eventually hear about it when they are not meant to, and become more set in their ways because of it.

Now, I know that everyone, myself included, does it. But I'm tired about it, and figure I lose all right to complain if I don't at least try something.

Enter this topic.

By posting in this topic, you aknowledge that anybody posting in this topic can criticise you for anything dumb you may have done, and you will not hold it against them, no matter what they say. They can insult your character, they can  slander your person, they can call you mean names. Which make you cry. And make you eat hohos and get fat.

Anyways, let's defy social convention. Only by telling people of their flaws can you hope to change them for the better. I'm all for being told what I do wrong. Besides which, people take things too seriously, and maybe this will help them put things in perspective.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: itt Inter-TSC Constructive Criticism
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 10:22:14 pm »
genus: You are an arse because you beat me at MKDS >_>

Everyone else: Im already aware that Im an idiot <_<
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: itt Intra-TSC Constructive Criticism
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 10:24:20 pm »
Other than the fact that it should be "Intra-" in the topic title, you've hit the nail on the head.

I might hold things against Zephyr if he shows up in this topic, but nobody else. Honestly. (except you, you and you.)

<3 Thorn.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 10:28:05 pm »
I'm pretty sure someone, somewhere, somehow, for some reason, has something to say about me.  So spill it.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 10:29:57 pm »
Your overly arrogant

EDIT: @ Groudon >_>

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 10:33:35 pm »
Ok, well, that sums up my feelings about you groudon.

Someone do me!

Anyways, I have only a few things to say.

RPG-you're too prolific for your own good. Cut down on being random.
mike-You're elitist. I mean, you like to make fun of the fact that people class things too much, but it's obvious.
groudon-one day you will fall from your throne. Really. Cut down on the arrogance and admit you're not good at everything.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 11:00:19 pm »
Oh, fine:

First, a general thing. I know that TSC is made up of a group of very intelligent individuals, and that in itself leaves itself open to people thinking they're well suited to running the show, so to speak. I know I'm guilty of this myself, so whilst being hypocritical I'll issue the ultimatum now: If you think you can do a better job than the three admins of running the show, issue the challenge.

genus, as we all know your behaviour has been called into question before. On multiple occasions. I mean I remember the old spammy blueblaze from the "good old days". Yet one day it was replaced with a new, thoughtful and insightful character, which from the Arch0wl incident we all knew existed. That character came with its own flaws, notably an overtendency to be too theoretical in your thinking: what might seem like a good idea to you really isn't. I know because I'm guilty of this as well.

RPG... where to begin? I think your main issue is overconfidence. Not on the scale of Groudon (more on that later), but enough to be an annoying little bastard when you want to be. Not so much an idiot as you claimed, indeed, quite the opposite, but don't let it get the better of you.

Groudon... you remind me of my brother. And anyone who has known me long enough will know my brother is not someone you want to be like. You're arrogant, you whinge like a baby when you don't get your way... just let it go. You're not going to have your way all the time, and if you react like that when you don't you're not going to keep a lot of friends.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 11:06:29 pm »
If you knew me in real life, you'd know I'm 100% different than on the Internet (not just TSC, but pretty much every site I go to).  In real life, I'm very anti-social and often keep to myself.  When it comes to the web, however, it's like I'm a completely different person.  The Groudon you know is not the same one you might have a very random chance of running into on the streets.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 11:19:25 pm »
Groudon, I understand where you come from. The internet is a place to act completely different from how you do in real life, and be less passive agressive. That's why I'm always butting in with angsty things to say, because I regret saying nothing in real life. But still, there is a difference between that and just being a dick.

And can I bring up the incident about the questionable times you submitted? To be honest, few believe that you were telling the truth. I think that you are a bit sketchy. I've lied before, I know the habits-side stepping questions, saying little, and biding your time. I see most of these in you. Regardless of whether you are lying or aren't, if you do something dumb and leave, come back to TSC. It will feel good to see how much you have grown as a person.

Mike has said what I was thinking about RPG. So I'll say something about Mike. You're trying to be someone you're not. You attempt to seem nonchalant all the time, but when you do show interest it is in sharp contrast to your personality.

Anyways, moving on to what mike said about me...I have to agree. I put too much stock into what I say and get so full of myself that I always end up being philosophical. I did it yesterday, I'm doing it now, and I likely will keep doing it. But since I know that, maybe it will be to a lesser degree.

And was I really insightful then, or were you just saying that to soften what you were saying? I looked back and read the arch0wl incident. I realised how self-loathing he was and how he was trying to spark debate. I picked up on that now, but didn't then. So either I am insightful now, or I'm not but at least better than I was way back  yonder.

Of course, I just ignored what mike said about me. I'll have to work on that.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 11:31:44 pm »
When I can think of something to say about the first 4 sentences, I'll post it.

And I knew someone would bring up that incident.  I think those times were... Wait.  I'm not saying something like I said in that topic.  It'll just cause problems again.  I knew it was still somewhere in everyone's minds, but it just seemed like they forgot.  Never once after the debate faded did I think everyone completely forgot about it.  So let's just not turn this topic into a duplication of the other one.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 11:40:21 pm »
Ahah, I love this topic already.

I tend to forget people I hold things against, but here are a few:

RPG: you spam too much, and as genus said, are too random. I personally find it a bit annoying when you keep talking about your personal life in the channel as well. Other than that, <3 you.

Groudon: dunno, I don't really mind your gloating (I never do), but your whole "strikes before I leave" thing and the fact that we still ain't sure if you're a liar or not doesn't sit well with me. If you were so determined to leave, whey are you now completely determined to be one of the most active people on this forum.

Oh man, there's got to be other people.

Oh, Aitamen. To the max. No explaination needed.

Now, on the other side of things, here are the people I totally respect.

mike89, Rolken, SadisticMystic, CherryMay, Marth, genus (I didn't when he came back, unlike everyone else, but I so changed my mind, congrats on changing for the better dude), Cybrax, Quartz, yoshifan aaand I think that's it. If you're not on both lists than I like you too. :D

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 11:44:05 pm »
I knew it!  One person brings it up again and that's what everything pointed at me turns into.  Besides, that was the past.  People change over time.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 11:48:20 pm »
I knew it!  One person brings it up again and that's what everything pointed at me turns into.  Besides, that was the past.  People change over time.
Hum, I was just saying the people I hold things against, as you know, is the goal of this topic. If you don't like people saying bad things about you and don't want us to drift the topic to talk about it, than don't mention it everytime someone lists you in their post.

Offline X-5

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 12:38:40 am »
F-Man: Stole my Pyramid Cave record that I worked very hard on, and made every SADX time attack record pretty much impossible to beat.

j/k, I really don't have anything against anyone here(yet) but if they have something against me lets hear it!

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 02:02:50 am »
I don't really have any grudges?

Meh, even though I do see CF as more of a twat than he actually his. But that isn't really anything major. :(

Um...

GIGGLESTICKS.Okay, that was unnecessary.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 02:09:33 am »
Don't have any grudges either.
*Waits for someone to do me.* Until then, I'll just bring up that I'm eccentric (especially when trying to cause some laughs) and reckless.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 12:12:24 pm »
Hm, originally I thought that we were only saying what we really thought about people posting in the topic, but I guess we could expand it to other people. Some might be afraid of knowing what others feel about them, and remain withdrawn because of it.

Ok so on with the ranting. Even if I don't consider it a big deal, I will talk about everyone who has posted in the topic who has had nothing said about them. And groudon. Because like I said he tends to sidestep questions.

Groudon-If you didn't want to know what other people thought about you, then why did you post? You have a cloud over your head from the whole incident with the questionable times, one that has not dissapeared because you have provided no proof. If you really want to get this monkey off your back, do so. Removing the submissions only made you seem of more questionable character. Oh, and you are taking this too personally.

F-Man-Honestly, I don't have much to say about you that's negative. However, you do tend to be intimidating, and don't trust outsiders much. People will make mistakes, and you can't jump down their throats for it.

Paragon-Well, you really don't say much. But you do seem a bit too trusting, which is also bad. You're always giving people the benefit of the doubt, even if they don't deserve it (I can't recall a specific incident at the moment).

Spinballwizard-You seem to have changed since I left. Before, you seemed like you were willing to try new things, and would always try your best, with the assumption that you would get better. Now, you seem to have confidence issues and look like you're going through burnout. You just don't seem to care, and are afraid of what others think.

Magnum-I have lots to say about you. You may want to arm yourself with your trusty asterick beforehand. And then attempt to make us laugh to make up for a lack of character depth. However, most of what you say is really not amusing. I just do not get you. You'll monologue yourself into the eventual hole, and then you'll just quit. No offense of course.

Oh, and I'll just do a few people. I could easily talk about more, but won't for now.

Aitamen-You are overly dramatic and act like nobody understands you. When we do. And see that you just want to get attention and so ignore things like "*Aitamen laughs" in a situation where laughing generally is not something someone would do. Lighten up.  And get an internet connection capable of going to TSC. Well actually, that makes what I posted about you irrelevant.

Alondite-Do you not understand that people want to accomplish things for themselves, and not have the solutions handed to them? We don't all want to know the secrets of [strike]DWM[/strike]life before we should. Really...or was that Antoshi? Not to mention that you are headstrong. And ignore the opinions of everyone else. I mean, there's a difference between arguing and despondantly clinging to what you believe in face with logic. Learn it. And respect that other people have opinions, and just because they differ from yours does not mean they are wrong. Plus, you are a bland person.

Antoshi-You whine too much, and have the same problem as Antoshi in regards to ignoring what other people say. Or maybe it was you who spoiled [strike]DWM[/strike]life...I don't remember. You too seem to be devoid of any sort of interesting personality, and blend in.

eggFL-You take everything as an insult. And have the same problems as Antoshi/Alondite. It's all well and dandy that you like what you do. It isn't that you try to force other people into liking the same and consider them inferior when they don't. Oh, not to mention how you say things just to seem different (your gametrailers review page among other things...).

knuckles_sonic8-Man, you're too ambitious and care too much. Stop that.

PsyBorg-Overly arrogant and angsty at times. Plus, you're paranoid.

I have more I could say about people, but I'll wait until they post, or I develop any major grudges. If I didn't say much about you, I probably don't consider it a big deal. If I said a lot about you, I probably don't consider it a big deal. If I said nothing about you, then kindly wait your turn.

Oh and as stated, consider it all a form of constructive criticism.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 12:23:43 pm »
I never said I didn't want anyone to mention that.  I just didn't want the topic turning into a duplicate of the other, which is what it might as well turn into now.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 03:29:44 pm »
I'm not sure I want to get involved in this, I really only turn up in the chatroom when I'm bored/frustrated with work/tired/drunk, so you probably don't get the best of me :)  That said, fire away anyway.

CF - yeah, he's a prick, but a funny one.  I'm kinda like that, I think I'd really get on with him in real life.
RPG - random, yeah, but never comes across to me as forced random.  If it's being yourself and not being what you think other people want you to be then it's cool.
yse - not spoken to him much, but gotta respect him as a pwning machine.
Rolk - good admin, seems to be a pretty laid back guy.

Damn, I'm being too nice.  Umm . . . Quartz smells, Groudon rolls drunks for their petty change, Effy works as a rent-boy.

* douglas flee~
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 04:30:49 pm »
RPG - random, yeah, but never comes across to me as forced random.  If it's being yourself and not being what you think other people want you to be then thats cool.

Nay, thats what Im actually like, in RL too >_>

Oddly enough, the internets me isnt all that different from the RL me, 'cept the overconfidence, but thats mainly because in RL I tend to be underconfident and shy away from conflict

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2006, 04:37:51 pm »
Whoa there! Since when did I post, genus? And anyway, since when is caring a bad thing? And if you're referring just to my topic, then I think you're a bit out of league considering the circumstances

But, since I've been mentioned, I may as well have a part in this. Anything against me (I have a feeling there's a whole list ... :P).
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2006, 05:16:08 pm »
I gotta agree with ks8, genus.  You completely went against the rules of the topic you created, so you pretty much broke your own rule.

By posting in this topic, you aknowledge that anybody posting in this topic can criticise you for anything dumb you may have done, and you will not hold it against them, no matter what they say. They can insult your character, they can  slander your person, they can call you mean names. Which make you cry. And make you eat hohos and get fat.

You criticized users that hadn't posted in this topic at the time.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2006, 05:56:05 pm »
He stated that he was going to break the norm of the topic thus far.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2006, 06:16:16 pm »
Well, I tend to overlook things often.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 05:50:18 pm »
Spinballwizard-You seem to have changed since I left. Before, you seemed like you were willing to try new things, and would always try your best, with the assumption that you would get better. Now, you seem to have confidence issues and look like you're going through burnout. You just don't seem to care, and are afraid of what others think.
I've always had confidence issues, fu. Don't make me go into some long, lame, should-be-emo story. But I digress. I'd say more, but I gotta go to class.

* Spinballwizard flee
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2006, 06:10:27 pm »
Oh well, can't win them all. I'll just leave the crazy randomness to RPG and his infamous murdering topic. Perhaps why I don't seem to have character depth is because I really haven't talked that much about myself, my past, or any of that other junk. I've got tons of stories/misadventures to talk about, including one about my recent trip to Santa Cruz Island (the largest of the Channel Islands) two Saturdays ago.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2006, 10:25:18 pm »
Magnum: That and you never come into the chatroom. >_> (Damn, that sounds almost like what genus said when I first joined TSC and he was like "Come into the chatroom..." -- after he said "You beat my longest-standing record" when I smashed Egg-Go-Round Cream. And I remember that even though the Great Downtime of 2005 destroyed all evidence of that post.)

genus: Anyways maybe I changed since you left genus because I basically became a TSC vet instead of a little TSC n00blet of sorts. That and I'm almost 21 as opposed to almost 19.

And if by "burnout" and "don't care" you mean "I'm not TAing much" it's because I'm fucking busy. As in I have classes 4 days a week, work 3-4, a couple sites to manage/mod, and I've developed a semi-life (if you could call it even that, considering the nerdish company) by drafting Magic: The Gathering on Friday nights. And occasionally going to college club hockey games. So I don't have as much time.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2006, 05:03:51 am »
I'm not really sure if I want to know what people think of me...

oh well, too late.

I know there were times when I acted like a complete retard in the past. It only makes sense. I'm really one of the more "special" members of the community :)

At the moment, I can't recall any times I've held grudges against others, though ever since I have been losing records in all 3 advance games, I have been mad at the individuals who have over-taken my records. I guess it's sort of natural, but I hate that I just assume anyone who beats a record I spent quite some time on is cheating. Of course, this is nobodies fault but my own, which doesn't really have much to do with the topic at hand now I think...

It's great to be back though

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2006, 01:59:53 pm »
I thought that was only me who felt that way Nintendan.  I usually shrug it off and try to forget it, but I guess its on my mind for a reason.  I try not to take these things seriously either to not cause me any headaches. 

Anywho I dont think anyone here has anything on me.  Even though I was among the first, I was never really social with everyone here till TSC came back up.  My first paragraph (if you can call it that) was just directed to past competition that I let get to me. 

these people though...

smizzla
Groundon
knuckles_sonic8

they bug me a bit...

I have seen improvements by others here who have joined recently and I have respect for most of the community here that I have seen either post here or in the chatroom.

also if you do have something on me, I dont count my typos >_>
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 07:48:40 pm by Shadow Jacky »
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2006, 03:50:11 pm »
Oh SJ, I bug you? I was clueless! I thought you liked me... Guess I was wrong...

So what is it you don't like about me?
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Print

Hits: 306 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.32 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.