don't click here

Favourite 3D Sonic!

Poll

Which is the best 3D Sonic game? (excluding racing games and the such)

Sonic Adventure (or SA:DX)
13 (22.8%)
Sonic Adventure 2 (Or SA2B)
27 (47.4%)
Sonic Heroes
6 (10.5%)
Shadow the Hedgehog
11 (19.3%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Print

Author Topic: Favourite 3D Sonic!  (Read 52774 times)

Offline ShAdOwFaN1000

• Hyper ShAdOw Man!!!
  • TSC Profile
  • Shadow Rulez!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Account
Re: Favourite 3D Sonic!
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2007, 01:34:56 pm »
Groudon, did you say Shadow's Spin Dash is worse than SA2's??? Uh, oh.
Why'd they have to mess with it? Just leave it like SA: one button has one function.
Rolling makes Sonic smaller (to squeeze through small spaces), and it also can break boxes.
Why make all this other junk and put it on the Action Button?
SA2 has a Zelda-inspired roll move (of course, Link is slower than Sonic). What's ShtH have? (Do I want to know?)

Yes, it's worse.  In SA2, you could quickly charge a spindash for a brief moment (longer than SA for the charge to start, obviously) and go faster than just running, and you could press the same button to break into a normal run with ease.  In Shadow, you have to be pretty much at a complete stop to use it, and the only way to get out of the spindash quickly is to jump out of it.  The only use it really has in the game is for some clever shortcuts (pretty much what all the top players here use) and going under small spaces from a stop.  It actually has Shadow go slower than just running.  And charging it to be of any use takes about 2 seconds, unlike 0.25 or less in SA and SA2.

I tried doing this in the stage wit maria (forget wat it's called) and i spin dashed for only about 0.50 seconds and i permanetly fell and i never died. That's another problem with the spin dash in shadow, You can end up doing a bad glitch wit the spin dash
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 01:42:01 pm by ShAdOwFaN1000 »

Offline Super Azrael

• Chaos Chao with Aura
  • TSC: Azrael
  • Hopefully NOT my last Emerald!
    • View Profile
    • Ed or Tails
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2007, 09:04:20 am »
SONIC HEROES
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Adventure: Director's Cut
Sonic Adventure 2: BATTLE

Reasons! (How can I rate a game I've NEVER played?)

Why Heroes wins me over: Lovely GFX, SFX (Including Music) Super Fun to play, Awesome boss fights, Zone-by-Zone progression-Need I say More?

I enjoy Shadow the Hedgehog because: Multiple paths, easy levels, great music, fun boss fights and the Chaos Powers. (I normally don't like FPS's, but I'll make an exception here)

How Sonic Adventure DX is great: Unique Gameplay, good music, and how SADX plays like a classic. (Only played the Trial-I think 1 beats 2)

I've never played SA2B. Sure the story is good, but the music of the game is everywhere, which I find quite annoying. But I can say that the boss fights look fun.

KNUCKLES NICKED MY EMERALDS...

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 04:59:17 am »
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. The story was nice, the stages were fun (usually) it had a nice cart racer and the Chao breeding is awesome. I've spent 119 hours on it.

Sonic Heroes wasn't that bad, but the controls were a bit too sensitive and the team feature slowed it down.

No comment on Shadow the Hedgehog. *cries*
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2007, 09:31:15 pm »
It's a close one, but if I had to pick, it'd be Shadow. I actually enjoy having to choose the path rather then having it chosen for me.

SA DX was fun but the Chao Gardens are too frustrating. I felt like I was taking care of a real baby.
SA2:B Had a better story and ending than all other Sonic games, but the stage select was like a maze, and the Emerald searches were even more frustrating, having huge levels and having to search for each one in order.
SH was cool, bringing back the old 2D style of gameplay, but it was too short, and there wasn't enough levels imo.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2007, 04:48:23 am »
The Emerald stages of SA2B were better than the ones in SADX in my opinion. You get actual hints rather than "This way!".
I agree, Chao breeding in SADX sucked. Every time I want to pick up or pet a Chao, I press the "B" button like I'm used to from SA2B and hit the Chao. >.< And they don't make noises like in SA2B. And there's no Kindergarten.

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2007, 06:08:02 am »
Every time I want to pick up or pet a Chao, I press the "B" button like I'm used to from SA2B and hit the Chao. >.< And they don't make noises like in SA2B. And there's no Kindergarten.

You will see a difference if you get a chaos chao in there. and btw

1. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle  (this was just way too good)
2. Sonic Adventure (DC)       (I like the DC version better no patches like in DX)
3.Sonic Labyrinth                  (Im serious)
4.Shadow The Hedgehog      (Im Alright with this game)
5.Blank Spot
6.Soda Can
7.Sonic Heroes

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2007, 06:21:39 am »
Okay I played Heroes and Shadow again. Heroes is far worse than Shadow. While the latter has at least some moderately fun places in it, Heroes is just a pain in the ass. Though the visuals are more charming.

Top two of the list are still SA2B and Sonic R. :o

Offline Stardust Speedman

• Jorn del Judici
  • TSC: Siavash Tazari
  • win10 chrome
  • That beautiful Lady in my avatar is my wife! Yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2007, 10:46:06 am »
13. Sonic Drift
12. Sonic Drift 2

11. Sonic Labyrinth
10. Sonic Battle
09. Sonic R
08. Sonic Riders
07. Sonic 3D Blast

06. Sega Sonic the Hedgehog
05. Sonic Adventure
04. Sonic Heroes
03. Sonic Adventure 2

02. Shadow the Hedgehog
01. Sonic and the Secret Rings

3D Sonic games I have never played:
Sonic the Fighters
Sonic Jam
Sonic Shuffle
Sonic the Hedgehog 15th Anniversary
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 01:10:25 pm by Stardust Speedman »
There is no sense crying over every mistake! You just keep on trying till you run out of cake!

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2007, 12:05:48 pm »
11. Sonic Labyrinth
NOT 3D
07. Sonic 3D Blast
NOT 3D
06. Sega Sonic the Hedgehog
NOT 3D

Isometric 2D game != 3D game

10. Sonic Battle
NOT 3- wait that one really is a 3D game

• Jorn del Judici
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2007, 12:57:55 pm »
I know all that stuff already, but they still have 3D gameplay and it's the gameplay that counts. Sonic Rivals, for example, has 3D graphics, but 2D gameplay, so, it's a 2D game.

Wait, Sonic Battle is 3D? You mean it has polygons in it or what?

EDIT: Oh, wait! I totally forgot about the Sonic Drift games. I have added them to my list now.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 01:11:21 pm by Stardust Speedman »
There is no sense crying over every mistake! You just keep on trying till you run out of cake!

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2007, 03:12:20 pm »
I know all that stuff already, but they still have 3D gameplay and it's the gameplay that counts. Sonic Rivals, for example, has 3D graphics, but 2D gameplay, so, it's a 2D game.

Wait, Sonic Battle is 3D? You mean it has polygons in it or what?

EDIT: Oh, wait! I totally forgot about the Sonic Drift games. I have added them to my list now.
Labyrinth, 3D: Flickie's Island, and SegaSonic (You actually played that? Cool!) do have 2D gameplay. Just from an isometric viewpoint.
If you were to use that as an argument, games like Zaxxon or newer Sim City games would be 3D too. :/

And AFAIK Sonic Battle's arenas were made of polygons, yes. Aslo you can roam around quite freely in the fights, so I guess it would be counted as 3D. The Drift ones I would also think count as 3D, though they just use 2D graphics.

• Jorn del Judici
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2007, 06:16:07 pm »
You are right, of course, P.P.A, but I would call that already 3D gameplay. Yes, that means, I would say that Zaxxon and Cim City are 2D games with 3D gameplay. I mean you could have all these games with the exact same gameplay, but replaced with polygonal graphics.

What does AFAIK mean?! Also, you're right about Sonic Battle, but I don't understand, what sets the Drift games appart from Labyrinth/3D/SegaSonic for you?!

I played SegaSonic with an emulator. I actually managed to find the full version of the game and a working emulator. I could give you the links, but I don't know if I'm allowed to give links of ROMs in this forum. In some forums, you're not allowed.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2007, 06:40:49 pm »
You are right, of course, P.P.A, but I would call that already 3D gameplay. Yes, that means, I would say that Zaxxon and Cim City are 2D games with 3D gameplay. I mean you could have all these games with the exact same gameplay, but replaced with polygonal graphics.

Well you could say the same for 2D games >_> (i.e. New Super Mario Bros, Dracula X Chronicles, etc)

Although I know what you mean, as games like Sonic 3D Blast certainly have some elements of 3D. some

But none of those games are truly 3D and are all very limited as a result.

• Jorn del Judici
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2007, 06:54:24 pm »
Yes, of course you're all right, but since you all know what I mean, it's no point in discussing. :P

By the way, EggFL, sorry I didn't answer you in the other topic. I've been kind of busy lately. I will answer some time. :P

Oh, second by the way, is Dracula X out now? Is it more awesome than Down of Sorrow? Is it actually a completely new game, or a remake of an older Castlevania? Well, I don't have a PSP anyway, but I'd like to know.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2007, 08:06:34 pm »
Dracula X Chronicles is a remake of a previous Castlevania game called Rondo of Blood, which was released only in Japan in 1993 for the PC Engine CD. (PC Engine = Turbografx-16) In other words, a remake of a game nobody has ever played before. >_>

It's not like the DS/GBA Castlevanias which are based on Metroid and Symphony of the Night. Rondo of Blood is a linear, level-based game and so just focuses on being really difficult. It's arguable that the game isn't killer app at all.. although it also comes with the original (2D) version of Rondo of Blood as well as Symphony of the Night. But both of them have to be unlocked.

In any case, yes it is out now. And I don't have a PSP either. ^^

• Jorn del Judici
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2007, 08:15:38 pm »
Thanks for the info, EggFL! ^^

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2007, 06:07:51 am »
What does AFAIK mean?! Also, you're right about Sonic Battle, but I don't understand, what sets the Drift games appart from Labyrinth/3D/SegaSonic for you?
As Far As I Know. And in Sonic Drift, you're really moving into the screen, if you know what I mean. But in Lab/3D/SS, you're just moving from a top-down angle.

Off-topic: Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. AS SOON AS I HAVE ENOUGH MONEY I WILL BUY THIS THING FOR PCE.

• Jorn del Judici
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2007, 01:54:52 pm »
Aaaaaaah! Thanks! ^^

Offline zappykart

• TSC: zapp
  • android chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2007, 08:43:15 pm »
It's very hard to choose between SADX and SA2B...I voted SA2B (never played shadow)

Offline Stefan

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2007, 12:45:45 am »
Sa2b, hands down.

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2007, 03:15:35 am »
Sonic Adventure, also my fav 3D platformer ever. I loved the Sonic and Tails levels, there were more of them then in the later games, even the Knux, Amy etc. levels were lots of fun and the shooter levels were way more faced paced then they were in SA2. I find it has less problems then later Sonic games too, and the boss battles were pretty awesome.
W€£ $€ÄÑ¥ ßÕ¥ 2K7 says: (11:10:17 PM)
my sis said she fancied EGGMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

W€£ $€ÄÑ¥ ßÕ¥ 2K7 says: (11:29:08 PM)
who knew u could bend water with plastic

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2007, 03:30:18 pm »
Sonic R > Sonic Adventure 2 > SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (06) > Sonic Adventure > Sonic Heroes = Shadow the Hedgehog > Sonic Shuffle
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 11:50:18 am by P.P.A. »

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2008, 10:03:08 am »
Why can't I pick S06 or Secret Rings? :(
Both are great, imo.

To me...

S06
Secret Rings
Riders
Adventure 2 Battle
Heroes
Adventure
Shuffle
Shadow
Sonic R (XD)
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline eggFL

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2008, 01:16:35 am »
PPA - congrats on beating Sonic06

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2008, 09:22:50 am »
Lol. PPA, you just had to edit your post and stick Shuffle in there. XD
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2008, 05:33:28 am »
Hur hur. I simply forgot it when I first typed the post. You reminded me of it though. >_>

Print

Hits: 256 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.24 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.