don't click here

Conspiracy Theories

Print

Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories  (Read 5472 times)

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
Conspiracy Theories
« on: September 13, 2006, 06:59:59 pm »
GUESS WHAT YOU'RE NOT READING RIGHT NOW
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 06:32:25 pm by General Throatstomper »

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 07:27:39 pm »
I also think that pharmaceutical companies intentionally make ineffectual medicins to keep people buying their useless products. Bacteria builds resistance against medicins over time, so by diluting the culture/growth/chemical that kills them, these companies ensure that they will never have a working cure for any given virus.

This is really the only thing I have something to say about.  Eventually, bacteria does grow resistant to certain medicine over time, and people just keep finding new ways to deal with them, even though the bacteria will just grow immune to that one, too.  Soon, nothing will work over them and bacteria will take over the planet!  MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Erm... please disregard that last line.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 08:54:06 pm »
I also think that pharmaceutical companies intentionally make ineffectual medicins to keep people buying their useless products. Bacteria builds resistance against medicins over time, so by diluting the culture/growth/chemical that kills them, these companies ensure that they will never have a working cure for any given virus. Branching off from this, it doesn't pay for the medical community in general to actually cure most diseases. Cancer is the rapid reproduction of cells, and killing it off is as simple as injecting the patient with a cell-killing bacteria only targeting certain parts of the body, a feat that could be accomplished with fiber technology and perhaps on a more difficult level. This is something I've briefly thought about, an idea likely considered by the medical community, but chemotherapy is much more expensive than a one time cure (although the effect would essentially be the same). This is probably why stem cell research is banned in the United States-part of the medical community, likely the administrative section, realizes it won't pay off in the long run, and so manipulates whatever religious group was opposed to science in general (was it Catholics or Evangelicals?) into doing its bidding. On a broader note, perhaps they even intentionally cause cancer with substances such as aspartame, splenda, and high fructose corn syrup to increase their net profits.
As a aspiring microbiologist, I have to disagree with you there. Bacteria do obtain resistance over time. Here's how it works. When antibiotics are given, most or all of them die. The ones that survive already had genes in them that gave them resistance to the drug. Therefore, positive selection for the resistant strains occurs. However, having these resistance plasmids (smaller satellites of DNA) has a draw back. DNA replication, therefore cellular division for the resistant strains is considerably slower than in non-resistant bacteria, causing them to eventually be wiped out from being out competed in an environment that doesn't select for resistance. Part of the problem is that people over used antibiotics by using them for prevention instead of treatment and by using them against diseases in which antibiotics are not the answer. Therefore the best answer is to simply let evolution select against resistance. Cell killing bacteria won't work because they're not specific, thus will kill anything they get near, then the immune system attacks them (if the paitient survives), making future treatments with that method useless in the future. On the bright side, there are new advances in the war against cancer that look promising. The field of immunology is rapidly expanding, offering a possible new tactic called immunotherapy in which it maybe possible to artifically make antibodies with poisons (like ricin) attached to them that only target antigens unique to tumors. This research is still in the early phases though.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 07:41:52 am »
I do believe there is a bit of truth in the idea of pharmaceutical companies opting out of perfect cures in order to keep the money flowing in from the consumers, though not in the form of genus's examples. I remember a while ago hearing about a new contraceptive method, RISUG, that involves a chemical being injected into the vas deferens (the tube leading from the testes) which causes approaching sperm to explode. It was undergoing extensive testing and apparently had been for a while. Almost no side-effects had been found, and the success rate was near 100% (the only time, yes, one time, it failed was because the injection itself was done improperly), as well as being long-lasting. It was even completely reversible with another injection that caused the first chemical to simply dissolve.

However, receptions for it, particularly in the US, is not as keen as it should be. I came to the conclusion that it was probably because pharmaceutical companies knew that, if they offered this, nobody would buy condoms anymore, and thus they'd stop getting so much money.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 07:31:31 pm »
Google video search for "Loose Change".

Warning: 100 minute video (IIRC) Ive not watched it yet, been told about it, but it fits in here perfectly.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 11:36:23 pm »
Linking to "loose change" will result in an insta-link to here. As in, debunk'd. Also the popular mechanics link would work too. I don't buy into 9/11 conspiracies. Even though the same person who caused the attacks probably caused the "war on terror".

And Crowbar, what you said about RISUG could potentially serve a double purpose. Not only would it continue to help the birth control business net more money, but it would make more future drones for the political machine. Condoms, diaphrams, birth-control pills and the like are ineffectual for a reason; in the eyes of whoever runs the world, it's better to have more bodies to manipulate. The push to ban all over-the-counter contraceptives stems from the same logic.

Also, here's a thought: fast food. Yeah, it's pretty obvious where I'm going with this. The government, by which I mean the corporations, by which I mean the guy behind the corporations, continues to produce fast food to kill off the masses quickly. It's better for the system that people live short, uneventful life than a longer, reflective one. The latter could cause problems by spreading what they've learned, and making people self-aware, so they're dealt with in a deaf preemptive strike. I've proposed this before and the response is always the same: "what about SuperSize Me"? Supersize Me was made by Morgan Spurlock to undercut the food industry. It was produced by Fox, who also owns several food companies. Now, this seemingly makes no sense. Or does it? It does. How many people do you know are vegetarians for ethical/hygiene reasons? How many of them quote SuperSize me? And what does a vegetarian eat? Soy. Which is full of msg. And...nothing else really. They're more dependant on soy than non-vegetarians are on meat. So the puppet master of society is attacking the weak point of diet for massive damage. Oh, and then there are these diets like Atkins and South Beach to appeal to people who want to lose weight, which are just awful for the body in so many ways. Of course heavy exercise is encouraged, but on a diet where you either eat no meat or all meat, fatigue or heart attack is inevitable. On that note, go to a gym and look around. It's mostly people 40 and older. And they say that 40 is the industrial peak of a human.

And hey, how about a theory that also makes sense? The standards for schools have been lowered; some of us know this first hand. In some classes, the same material is taught every year (notably foreign languages, science classes, and health classes) because the state mandates that a certain percentage of students pass a class each year, lest that school be labeled "low performing". Because of this the curriculum is watered down, recycled, and spoonfed. Nobody learns anything critical in school; when was the last time you made a critical connection in social studies? You haven't, trust me. The state doesn't want you doing that because then you become a threat, knowing how badly you're being screwed over by a system that doesn't care about you. They want you to know just enough to function as a piece of the political machine.

If I sound disgusted, it's because I am. But unlike some (Kaczynski for example), I do not condone the use of violence. Of course I say this out of fear of the federal government, but it's true. People like the unibomber are lumped in with free thinking to discourage anything that even sounds rebellious in the name of patriotism and security, both of which are used to strip even the semblance of freedom that we all have, or rather don't. Of course, this is less 'theory' and more 'fact' than some other things but eh.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 06:32:35 am »
Government ninjas put chips in our heads when we are born and watch our every move. Doctors who examine heads are actually government officials, and if they tell anyone about the chip, they get killed by the same government ninjas. Any doctor who examines your head without being a government official is also killed overnight. It self destructs if a person dies and is undetectable by human eyes (and even autopsy). The chip is used to collect information on you (i.e. what you eat, what your job is, and even who you kill).

...lol
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Print

Hits: 405 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.