don't click here

Oh look, a Rumorville

Print

Author Topic: Oh look, a Rumorville  (Read 4008 times)

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
Oh look, a Rumorville
« on: September 13, 2006, 06:10:23 pm »
Recently, I got to thinking about how there wasn't nearly enough speculation on the internet, so I started this topic in which to let brainstorming and critical analysis run horribly amok. Post any rumors, popular beliefs, blatant lies, or utter nonsense you've heard or thought about anything, but seeing as how it is TSC, most likely next-gen. By which I mean current-gen falsely called next-gen by people who overlook the release of the DS, PSP, and XBox 360.

And on with the flagrant spewing of ideas.

The Wii will supposedly have some megaton information released tommorow, though personally I'm skeptical. In terms of a release date, it's likely going to be ~$200 on November 12, though the rumor of $175 by October 2 is "tantalising" (though sadly untrue). However, it is of note that Wii is allready boxing units and that there was some alleged reduction in manufacturing costs, so expect less that IGN's "sources" say, as $225 is lol.

Speaking of Wii fodder...Wii <3 Katamari? Namco-Bandai hasn't really announced any next-gen plans, but there's always the hope that they will actively support Wii.

Oh and as for the PS3 and 360...well, I've got nothing. Er wait. I hear Halo 3 is having development problems. I certainly hope so. I mean, does the world really need another Halo?

Discuss.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: Oh look, a Rumorville
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 07:22:59 pm »
Apparently Chuck Norris is God <_<

SPECULATE.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 08:46:37 pm »
I guess you were right. (You've probably seen the information about the Revolution anyway, so I don't need to explain.)

Okay, I'll start another one. (Actually, I mentioned this at another place.)
I read that Retro Studios saw the new controller like 2 years ago, and that they were
already thinking of ideas. Now, put that together with the MP2 demo.
Could the GCN version be designed to work with the new controller already?
I know they probably didn't have enough time or information for this, but I need to take
credit for guessing just in case I'm right. Also, the point here is to start rumours. :P
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 01:00:36 am »
Oh and as for the PS3 and 360...well, I've got nothing. Er wait. I hear Halo 3 is having development problems. I certainly hope so. I mean, does the world really need another Halo?

You hope that the game, a next gen sequel to a well-made and highly respected console FPS that would help Xbox's batt3l in the console war, is delayed just because you are not interested in it? :O

Well I have only one thing to say about that. I hope MGS4 and Smash Bros Brawl have development problems.

Yea, I went there. How do you like them apples?

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 03:35:13 pm »
No egg, I hope that another generic FPS receiving false praise from the horde while doing less than what a shooter should do to be deemed acceptable isn't made. Halo 2 was neither a good or bad game; it was just ok. However, a few media outlets gave it positive reviews, and people started liking it by the tens until every PC gamer got an XBox to be "harcore". Because there's nothing more"tuff" than getting a headshot and "pwning" that "total n00b" by moving your "joystick nub" on a reverse-y axis to "align" with their "head". I hate you X-Play. You think I don't notice how you insult your viewers because you know that they'll take it in the hopes of salvaging some new snippet of information from your inane commentary? Fuck you You are a bad man Adam Sessler.

Oh and marth, this seems in line with the "wiimake" strategy, and could be seen in stores eventually as an updated version; however, Retro also said that they were looking at ways to implement wiiconnect24 into their games. Perhaps this could mean an update for MP2?

I mentioned this in another topic, and it's actually relevant unlike about 3/4 of what I say, but there's the possibility of a gamecube/ds/gba channel used for local multiplayer emulation. If any game would have benefitted from online play but did not have it, such as Sonic Rush or NSMB, then new doors are open. Pure speculation of course.

So here's a thought: if Nintendo does this, will Sony and Microsoft follow? Could every release since 2 generations ago (excluding the Dreamcast which didn't make it and n64 which used cartridges)  see a similair feature? And if so, could this perhaps be further incentive for "non-gamers" attracted to the PS3/Wii/360 (cheap hd player, blu ray player, and non-traditional system) to play older games? Could it become as wide spread as other forms of media such as movies (which benefits the PS3 and 360 more as even people dismissing gaming as anti-social and whatnot could pick either up for less than their respective players)? Perhaps one day, they would try a game out of curiosity on their existing system and like it. Of course, this is just optimism; in reality I know that not only will Blu-Ray or HD (it looks like HD so far) fail, but that most people won't know how the price of either compares with the price of their media format.

Also, I predict the PSP to continue to exist for the duration of this generation. Because it's made by Sony who only makes a few billion dollars a year and is mocked by other multinational corporations.

Irrational rumor? There will be a wii channel for music, and the wii can be used as an alarm clock.

I HOPE YOU DO

Print

Hits: 495 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1022.67 KB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.