Yes
7 (26.9%)
I might wait a bit
13 (50%)
Not interested
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Print

Author Topic: So who's getting Sonic06 at launch  (Read 24827 times)

Offline F-Man

So who's getting Sonic06 at launch
« on: August 06, 2006, 01:31:30 am »
I am, or at least I'll try.

And most importantly, will you TA it?

I cannot wait to start TAing those levels just from watching them on vids, and I wanna know who I'll be competing with!

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Re: So who's getting Sonic06 at launch
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 01:42:10 am »
I'll try to get this at launch. Depends on how fast I get an X-Box 360. Of course I'll be competing, I have a reputation to keep as one of the site's best 3D competitors.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 02:28:58 am »
Oh hell yes. In fact I am getting an Xbox 360 almost entirely for this game. And I just so happen to have decided to get the console early. I intend to get one home before next weekend.

I will definitely TA this game. I wonder how I will do, since this will be the first game I would have been mastering since release, excluding Sonic Riders.. which I am the current champ of! oh snap. I currently compete here only on the five 3D Sonics.. can't say I'm one of the best 3D competitors, but like magnum, the 3D games are my area of interest.

I'm wondering though, since the game might have online rankings, (well I would hope..) how that will affect TA'ing the game on here.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 10:57:56 am »
If my little brother stops being bitchy and all "omg no ur nto plyin MI 360 lol" then yes.

Regardless, I'll buy it, and TA when I can, Im not letting a bratty little sibling stop me and my skillz :O
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 01:20:36 pm »
Due to the fact that it would probably be the reason I'd buy an Xbox360 for a crapload of money, I'm unsure. I desperately want the game because it sounds cool, but I'm particularly worried about my money kthx.

And if I were ever to compete in it, I'd begin in December because that's when all my relatives give me stuff. So you guys better tell me how it is before I come close to considering buying a 360 just for it.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 06:10:47 pm »
Kinda same as Psyborg. I want to at least play the game, but I have no other reason to buy a 360 and I don't like owning lots of consoles (GC and PS2 is enough current gen for me at the moment, thx).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 06:13:06 pm by Crowbar »

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 07:30:31 pm »
I'll get a 360 eventually, for Dead Rising more than anything else, and pick up Sonic Next as an afterthought. Getting a PS3 is just not practical for the price, large degree of suck, and additional attachments required for backwards compatability. Next summer I can get a job as a lifeguard for $1000 a week, and will blow around half of it on 360 stuff, though that's behind getting a PS2 in priority. It also depends on whether I have another job at the time, because then I could put some money in my college fund and have some spending money. Hopefully when I do buy my 360, there will be some more decent games out (like Banjo-Threeie).

Most of what people were saying about Sonic Next was bad in that it has the same problems as the Sonic Adventure series (bad camera, oversensitive controls, etc.). I think I'll give it a chance though, because if you don't expect anything, you're never dissapointed.

For now, I'm more likely to get WIld Fire, though.

Also I hope that my 360 doesn't crash.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 11:13:01 pm »
I'll get a 360 eventually, for Dead Rising more than anything else

I played the demo for that earlier today, well, yesterday.

Fucking. Amazing.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 11:55:43 pm »
What's so amazing about Dead Rising? Well to be honest, it looks like more fun than almost all of the other upcoming Xbox 360 games, but little about it /blows me away/.

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 02:18:53 am »
What's so amazing about Dead Rising? Well to be honest, it looks like more fun than almost all of the other upcoming Xbox 360 games, but little about it /blows me away/.
I hear Dead Rising is a great game (and hilarious as well). It's Capcom's way of making fun of the survival horror genre. What makes it amazing is the open ended, nearly endless variety of ways you can kill zombies. (I've seen Servbot heads that make them useless, a cactus, a Mega Buster, a Z-sabre, a Dante style great sword, hedge clippers, pro-wrestling moves, and I think lawn-mowers, all in one trailer.) The voice acting is supposed to be decent as well. It does have its flaws though, but the overall package is worth getting a 360 for.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 02:24:40 am »
I'm definitely getting this game at launch. I'm already prepared with my Xbox 360, and I'll be ready to attack the charts whenever I get used to playing a Sonic game with the 360 controller.

Which should be before the game even comes out. 8D

Offline eggFL

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 02:51:03 am »
Oh yea, the Xbox controller, no grooves under the control stick to help me go straight like on Gamecube.... At least everyone has this disadvantage, because PS3 stick is like this too, so it's even.

Although I wonder if a 3rd party pad solves this...

Cause the grooves really make a difference don't they? Depends on the Sonic game I guess. Depending on how precise Sonic's movements are, it can be more important or less.

Other than that, it's the same. 8]

I hear Dead Rising is a great game (and hilarious as well). It's Capcom's way of making fun of the survival horror genre.

That sounds like a weightless writeup though. x_x It doesn't really seem like it's making fun of it, just a fun game involving mass amount of zombies.

What makes it amazing is the open ended, nearly endless variety of ways you can kill zombies. (I've seen Servbot heads that make them useless, a cactus, a Mega Buster, a Z-sabre, a Dante style great sword, hedge clippers, pro-wrestling moves, and I think lawn-mowers, all in one trailer.) The voice acting is supposed to be decent as well. It does have its flaws though, but the overall package is worth getting a 360 for.

Well yea I guess. Although I didn't know Rockman weapons were in it. That's weird....

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 12:40:51 am »
Hell no, at least not at launch. IE I probably won't be able to afford a PS3 by that time. And I'd kill myself before I buy a 360. Twice.

Eventually, hell yes, and I plan to TA it.

Also I have no problems going straight on a smooth stick. :(
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline eggFL

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 01:03:10 am »
Well now that I own the system I think I can say I will have no problem with it, either. 360 controller is suprisingly different from the normal Xbox controller and by default much better than the PS2 pad. :D :D :D It may be a smooth stick but it's not placed awkwardly, and it's not too large or attached to a clunky pad. Kinda like the Gamecube controller. Oh snap. Makes me think, if the real reason that the Gamecube felt more precise had little to do with the grooves.

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 09:45:07 pm »
Yeah, the 360 controller is great from my time handeling it. With the new Sonic, that makes 3 games to be excited about (along with Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Dead Rising, which has gotten great reviews from gamespot and IGN).

Offline eggFL

Xbox live: BUDDY UP
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 03:48:22 am »
Might as well post Xbox Live nicks here for when we all get our 360's, lol. My Xbox live gamertag is eggCompany.

I have currently Ridge Racer 6 and Perfect Dark Zero.

edit: I actually changed my gamertag
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 03:23:36 am by eggFL »

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 08:40:53 am »
Ill use my bro's if he'll let me

Offline eggFL

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 01:24:13 pm »
You could always purchase your own. ;|

Anyway, family will use my gamertag also, on occasion. Right now though the three of us have seperate accounts because everyone gets one month free.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 10:15:08 pm »
If I can gather enough money for a Wii and Xbox 360, then yes.  I might even hold off on getting a Wii for a while.  I definitely will TA it if I get it.

Offline B. Hatfield

• The Franchise Player
  • TSC: BHatfield21
  • The only way to break free is to break the mold.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace. *sigh*
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 06:34:16 pm »
I'd like to, but I won't be getting a PS3 for a very long time, I'm afraid.
6 Records. Mostly oldschool.

RBH-DEM: 4 Months!

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 06:18:26 pm »
I'd like to, but I won't be getting a PS3 for a very long time, I'm afraid.
I'd recommend getting the XBox 360 version, which will be a lot more convienent in the long run considering the PS3's 500-600 dollar price tag. Besides,when November comes around, you can expect a 360 price drop. As a bonus, the money saved through this method could also get you a Nintendo Wii if the rumored price tag is true (link provided) http://wii.ign.com/articles/725/725645p1.html

Offline B. Hatfield

• The Franchise Player
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace. *sigh*
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 06:41:56 pm »
I just can't stand the 360. I never liked the original Box either.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 07:53:09 pm »
No need to hate the Xbox 360. In fact, embrace it. all it ever wanted to be is a straight game machine with online. Whereas the competition is all about BluRay and novelty controllers. I got an Xbox 360 in anticipation of Sonic, and in the end I think it's a great console and I totally enjoy it.

I considered PS3 as well but chose 360 for a number of reasons.
 - cheaper cost
 - it's been out a year so there was plenty of time to work out the kinks
 - online is a pay service but at least it guarantees some level of quality
 - sweet controller, plus it has rumble which is better for Sonic (Sonic won't use motion sensing after all)
 - and finally, best reason: COME AAWN!!!!

Offline B. Hatfield

• The Franchise Player
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace. *sigh*
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 08:14:18 pm »
i just cant. i grew up with sony and sega. sony is all i got left really. besides, ive played the 360, and i was underwhelmed.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 08:28:10 pm »
COME AAAAWWWWN

Offline B. Hatfield

• The Franchise Player
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace. *sigh*
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 08:46:33 pm »
heh, im loyal to a fault, you could say.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 09:22:27 pm »
No idea where that come awn thing comes from, but anyway, PS3's gonna pwn fools. And I am sincerely hoping I won't see a single other post trying to change someone's mind on the console he wants.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 09:50:18 pm »
egg, just because something costs money does not mean that it is of superior quality. See also: Windows.

There, I said it.

Personally, the only system that appeals to me as of now is the Wii. The 360 has horrible software licensing (who do they actually have developing for them? It looks like Rare and the odd Sega or Capcom game here and there) and the PS3 has the large price tag. If Blu-Ray becomes widespread, I'll get a PS3 as it is cheaper than a Bluray player; if instead HD flourishes, I will get a 360 for the same reason.

Oh and guys, buy a Wii so that we can have TSC tournaments. Especially you effy.

Actually, I'll propose this idea now: online play tournies. Hm. Interesting. A lot of people here do have MKDS...

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline B. Hatfield

• The Franchise Player
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace. *sigh*
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 10:11:43 pm »
i do like the wii. im gonna hold off on any next gen stuff for now. i have a spankin new ps2 that i need to get my moneys worth from anyways.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2006, 07:39:26 am »
Bottom line is:  there are precisely 0 (zero) games I want to play for XBox 360.  There are two announced games I want to play on PS3: MGS4 and MotorStorm.  There are 5 announced games I want to play for Wii (Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Sonic Wild Fire), and that's not counting all the stupidly awesome looking mini games like Wiimote Tennis.

What about the Oblivion?  Got it for PC.  Sonic Next?  I'm underwhelmed, I'll get it for PS3 if I do get it though.  GTA?  Please, if I wanted to spend time driving around aimlessly killing people and banging hookers I'd do it in real life*  Halo 3?  Console shooters suck, period (until they make a controller that can compete with the 1000dpi res I get from my mouse for proper aiming), and anyway, Halo 3 may look nice, but Crysis (PC) looks much, much nicer and incidentally their developers are currently hiring PS3 coders.  Only Fable 2 looks like it'll be any good, and I'm not getting a 360 just for that, especially since NWN2 is due soon so I'll still get my RPG fix.

*This is a joke.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Print

Hits: 209 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.25 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.