1 (7.7%)
can't we all just get along?
1 (7.7%)
TAILS!!
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: July 15, 2006, 05:10:55 pm

Print

Author Topic: Sonic vs. Mario  (Read 12063 times)

Sonic vs. Mario
« on: July 05, 2006, 05:10:55 pm »
I say sonic. or else I woulden't of joined this website!!

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic vs. Mario
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 05:41:17 pm »
Sonic and Mario fights are the stupidest, most pointless things ever imo.

Then again, there is a point: Mario wears and loves the color red, and Sonic is the fascist thing alive.

...er, nevermind, I said nothing but that these fights are the stupidest things ever. But if you insist on me giving an answer, the answer is Magikarp.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 06:28:38 pm »
A pointless arguement since comparing Mario and Sonic is like comparing apples to oranges. Given the choice, I choose 60's era Super Man.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 09:17:34 pm »
Yeah, don't even compare them. This whole "Sonic vs. Mario" deal came about solely because of the Nintendo vs. Sega console era. Now that Sega has stopped making consoles-they're even making games for Nintendo!- you may as well be asking something about apples and oranges which someone mentioned, only where they're both apples and you're asking "which is the better fruit, Sonic or Mario". Where Sonic and Mario are both apples. Oh, and the Sonic/Mario "war" can just never be mentioned again because nobody over 12 (obligatory age of course) enjoyed them. In other words, G(row)T(he)F(uck)O(p)U(p). No personal offense intended.

Also no random responses. Just because random responses are no longer funny but instead unfunny. You can choose some crazy other thing that is completely out of the scope of discussion and mention it, but we all can. Or you can self-assault and perhaps pretend that you get involved in some zany antics in real life while in reality, you get involved in some standard-issued non-antics and again, so can everyone else. Or you can ramble monotonously and use minor verbal puns in a  repetitive posting styles but once more, so can I and, in this case, am.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline F-Man

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 05:16:23 am »
Say what blublaze? Because they're on the same console doesn't mean they're the same. They're completely different in fact. Not seeing the difference is to be an idiot.

I do agree that this is a useless debate that has been going over way too many times and doesn't lead anywhere. Not to mention that the a certain name in soniccenter.org kinda makes the winner obvious.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 11:58:08 am »
CRASH BANDICOOT!!!!!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 12:17:22 pm »
Crash bandicoot is a worthless creation that needs to be impaled and left for the crows to pick at.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline eggFL

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 08:26:15 pm »
Crash bandicoot is a worthless creation that needs to be impaled and left for the crows to pick at.

hi five!! *raises hand*

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 10:46:17 pm »
Agreed. Crash Bandicoot was a lame platformer with even lamer trial and error gameplay. *Takes RPG's suggestion a step further and attacks Crash with a rocket launcher that fires chainsaws which explode on impact.* I call for a toast to hating pathetic mascots. *Raises a big mug of the strongest root beer I can find and challenges everyone to a chugging contest. Also high fives egg and RPG.*

Offline eggFL

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 09:41:24 pm »
Ha! I think we reached the ultimate solution to the Mario vs Sonic debate.

This definitely deserves a toast. Pass me one of those root beers.

Offline Stardust Speedman

• Jorn del Judici
  • TSC: Siavash Tazari
  • win10 chrome
  • That beautiful Lady in my avatar is my wife! Yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 02:18:26 pm »
Sorry for this stupid question, but can someone please explain what trial and error means?
There is no sense crying over every mistake! You just keep on trying till you run out of cake!

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 02:29:52 pm »
My last post for a while...
You keep trying something and, although you'll mess up a lot, you eventually get it.

Offline Stardust Speedman

• Jorn del Judici
  • TSC: Siavash Tazari
  • win10 chrome
  • That beautiful Lady in my avatar is my wife! Yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2006, 04:23:34 pm »
Oh, OK, I got it! Thanks! :)
There is no sense crying over every mistake! You just keep on trying till you run out of cake!

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 02:01:16 pm »
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex looks like it can be fun, although it was a little frustrating the first time.
Yes, there's a lot of trial-and-error gameplay. Ugh... I remember that one boss...
with these attacks that kill Crash when he jumps over them, and he has to jump over them
while at the same time reaching platforms that are barely reachable.
But then, Sonic can be the same in some ways. Although he doesn't have super-limited
jumping ability (it's often too good for the game), I found Sonic Heroes to be super-tough at first.

Now, getting back on topic... I choose all of them! (Why is that allowed, anyway?
I could choose Mario and Sonic if I wanted.) Okay, being serious, I like them both,
but I prefer Sonic because of SA and because of his lack of sports games and annual parties.
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2006, 04:36:07 pm »
There's a difference between challenging gameplay and trial and error gameplay. Trial and error gameplay typically relies on cheap death for its challenge, sometimes through bad level design and control problems. Legitimately challenging gameplay doesn't resort to cheap death for its difficulty. *Passes a super strong root beer to egg.*
-Anyway, I have a better vs topic. Dr. Wily vs Dr. Eggman. Winner: Dr. Wily. Reason: Compare them by the quality of the robots created by them. Most of Dr. Eggman's robots (except Metal Sonic and the E Series) are in Shadow's word's "useless pieces of junk. Notable robots made by Dr. Wily include Bass and Zero, robots that are easily more powerful than practically anything Egg Man ever made.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 04:51:45 pm »
Crash Bandicoot isn't bad as a franchise. Just the platforming games. Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash are great multiplayer games, regardless of what anyone says (though Mario Party is better than the latter and doesn't require a multitap for more than 2 players).

Also, on a related note,

<Aitamen> I hate Sonic

<RPG> my part is very large for you

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline eggFL

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 05:15:37 pm »
-Anyway, I have a better vs topic. Dr. Wily vs Dr. Eggman. Winner: Dr. Wily. Reason: Compare them by the quality of the robots created by them. Most of Dr. Eggman's robots (except Metal Sonic and the E Series) are in Shadow's word's "useless pieces of junk. Notable robots made by Dr. Wily include Bass and Zero, robots that are easily more powerful than practically anything Egg Man ever made.

naw... naw. Eggman is infi cooler. 8|

Print

Hits: 674 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.14 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.