don't click here

The most dissapointing games you've ever played.

Print

Author Topic: The most dissapointing games you've ever played.  (Read 4084 times)

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
The most dissapointing games you've ever played.
« on: April 16, 2006, 08:21:31 pm »
Here's an interesting question. What was the most disaspointing game you've ever played, and why? Keep in mind that even a good game can be a dissapointment.
For me, one of the most dissapointing games I've played in recent years was Tales of Legendia. After playing Tales of Symphonia, a game I'd consider one of the 5 best RPG's of this generation of games (along with KOTOR, Paper Mario, Never Winter Knights, and Dragon Quest 8), my expectations for this game were quite high. Needless to say, ToL fell short of those expectations. In its defense, its still a good game that introduced some good ideas, but it just didn't live up to the level of quality set by ToS.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: The most dissapointing games you've ever played.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 10:05:27 pm »
FFX-2. 'Nuff said.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline eggFL

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 01:20:00 am »
ohh man I got a couple:

Sonic Advance. The level themes were generic and the music was bad, but the main reason this game drives me nuts is the terrible spriting.

Mega Man X5. *sigh*

Mega Man X6. In retrospect this game is better than X5 in gameplay and story. But the graphics and presentation was among the worst ever I've seen ever.

Mega Man Legends 2. No subtitles, and the music way louder than the voices, so I can't hear a single word. But w/e it's my fault for having bad ears. Anyway, I derived that this game is about constant circling strafing, and bosses that take 1000 hits to beat.

Zelda Ocarina of Time. Got stuck in the first dungeon. No idea what I was in for, but when I found out how to get through, I learned this was gonna be /nothing/ like Link to the Past. Got stuck 50 times since then until I've had enough at the ice dungeon. Never beat the game. Never liked modern adventure games since.

Timesplitters 2. Can't even tell when you hit someone in multiplayer.

Star Fox Assault. Yea everyone knows there are free roaming levels in it without Arwing, but that can be good. No reason to judge a game for being different from what you expect. It could be frantic, well-paced, challenging action with good control, right? Right? WRONG.

Ridge Racer 4. Bad graphics, awkward control, no challenge. Also the dorkiest style and car designs ever in the franchise.

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 02:03:25 am »
So you haven't faced the evil that is the Water Temple, Egg?  That's the most confusing dungeon there.  And if you have problems there, don't bother with Master Quest.  Gotta get around to that when I get a break from time attacking.

I'm not easy to dissapoint, but I'll have to say Star Fox: Assault.  Having been used to 64 by replaying it, and Assault's a bit of a different, slower pace, If I recall.  And there could have been a few more levels, among other details...

But I still like the game.

As for magnum, I didn't really expect Legendia to be as big of a hit as Symphonia.  It's still good, but it has a different feel.
Hi

Print

Hits: 454 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1015.36 KB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.