don't click here

Dark bosses in Sonic Heroes

Print

Author Topic: Dark bosses in Sonic Heroes  (Read 6738 times)

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
Dark bosses in Sonic Heroes
« on: May 10, 2006, 07:32:45 pm »
Help plz. I can't understand how the times are so fast, so give me a hint or two.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
Re: Dark bosses in Sonic Heroes
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 08:14:38 pm »
TBG I assume.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 08:16:54 pm »
It's TBG. Its a really annoying trick that turns boss attacking into a contest of who can abuse the glitch fastest.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 09:18:03 pm »
...okay, I read up on that, and that's, without a doubt, totally stupid. I'm wondering why there isn't a rule against that, but I assume there's a reason for everything...

...but I can't believe that all of the records I previously had didn't involve this little cheapass trick. Oh well then, time to redo everything from the start.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 09:21:41 pm by PsyBorg »
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 04:17:21 am »
Ah yes, this thing. When I found out about it from the guide listed on this site, I had to ask since it seemed completely, horribly abusable.

Apparently, sonicam and eredani, two top-rankers, frown upon the glitch. I was told that they don't use it, and I've noticed that their Dark boss times are lower-ranked than all their other times/scores.

As I understand it, the glitch is basically /supposed/ to be against the rules, I think. In any case, I don't use it either.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 02:37:54 pm »
If it would be banned in competition, almost every Dark boss would be removed from the ranking, since, except for the 2 team battles, it would be hard to determine if the person used this trick.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 03:12:40 pm »
All bosses, all team Dark levels, and perhaps some other levels are vurnerable to be broken by the glitch, if they haven't already. As far as I can tell. Although I was really proud of myself since I got records in all 6 non-Dark robot storms without using the exploit. That was before Psyborg took one of them down just recently. XD Well, fair enough.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 03:47:58 pm »
Actual levels aren't very useful for the glitch, but every boss can be destroyed by the glitch, which is how I have the Dark record for Egg Emperor.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 03:49:45 pm »
It isn't possible to freeze time over and over as you inch your way through the level?

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 05:07:06 pm »
Actually, only my Robot Storm Rose record used the glitch, I tried redoing Robot Carnival and found that TBG doesn't help at all. It was all about the strategic timing of the non-TBG blasts and regular attacks.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 08:39:55 pm »
It isn't possible to freeze time over and over as you inch your way through the level?
I can't be certain, but I think it wastes more time than it saves. If you've seen yoshifan's Grand Metropolis Dark vid, you'll note that he doesn't TBG. Sure, he uses 3 TB's, but they're all legitimitely gained. And this is a RECORD vid.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 09:23:26 pm »
Yes it is. A little while back, I conducted an experiment like this on a seperate Game Cube memory card for Seaside Hill (Dark). For the record, the data from this experiment was NOT!! used for records. I got 1:30:?? doing something just like egg mentioned. In regards to detecting TBG for bosses, we should use the times of sonicam, erendi, and myself as a guide. Any times that are unusually (key word unusually!!!) faster than the best of those 3 might be TBG assisted.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 01:46:35 pm »
So that's what TBG means! Lol.

I've always wondered about one of my boss times - Team Rose VS Chaotix. This was the ONLY record I did where it was subjected to this glitch.

It should be against the rules; it's not fair.
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 08:21:22 pm »
I agree it's rather unfair, but you had little to contribute to actually make a revival of this 2-month old topic worthy.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 08:54:27 pm »
Not worthy? Hell this topic should be stickied. Like a TBG public service announcement.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006, 09:00:28 pm »
Not worthy? Hell this topic should be stickied. Like a TBG public service announcement.

I guess, but the admins didn't sticky this or anything, so I thought they didn't give a damn.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 01:19:01 am »
Because no one cares any more. It's only Sonic Heroes.

<3 Thorn.

Print

Hits: 151 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.15 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.