don't click here

Issues with my own Time (CP1K)

Print

Author Topic: Issues with my own Time (CP1K)  (Read 4139 times)

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
Issues with my own Time (CP1K)
« on: April 11, 2006, 12:50:12 am »
Ok, when I made my run, I had been trying forever for this record... like, 4 hours.  I did it "legit", but I had a kind of glitch... where that cut-jump is supposed to be made, instead of hitting that ledge, I went THROUGH it... I haven't been able to do it since, but when I did, I took off once I hit the floor (well, once I got up to it) like I had a full-charge Spindash... everything else was flawless

I can't replicate it... is this legitimate even though I can't figure out how I did it?
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Rolken

Re: Issues with my own Time (CP1K)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 02:32:08 am »
Anyone with Sonic 2 knowledge care to handle this? I'd tend towards yes, but I don't really know what's going on here.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 02:42:58 am »
Sounds to me just like any other glitch we abuse to death.  I'd say if you got the time, you got the time.  Also, if you figure out how you did it, teach me.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 05:12:37 pm »
Random things happen in SA, but I think they're all allowed.
It's okay to get weird jumps off the ramps in EC (although there can be a bit of control over that).
There's also that glitch in Lost World, which was thought to be random until F-Man discovered how
to use it (and then I started looking for it myself after).
Even one of SadisticMystic's times was affected by a random glitch. (Egg Hornet- Tails)

The only one that has a bit of a problem is Sky Deck, and that should be cleared up soon.
(something that's almost random, but has no effect)
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 01:51:32 pm »
yes, Random things happen in SA, but this isn't SA *Glares* and as it stands, until I'm done with the Genesis/MegaDrive Sonic games, I'm not going to touch SA or SAdv....

Anyway, since there are many issues in other levels, it's no biggie... good to know... and Douglas, if I figure it out exactly, I'll tell you... but what I know for now is that the short-cut jump near the end that is extremely hard?  when I jumped and tried to climb that wall, Knux didn't climb or glide (guess I missed the button) but hit and went through the wall... I wound up just uner the ground to the right of it, and when I spin-dashed, I came up out of the ground and took off towards the finish line... *shrugs* just didn't have to climb that little bit....

if it's any help, yw, and if you figure it out, let me know too!

o.O

The Aitamen
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Print

Hits: 123 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.06 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.