don't click here

The worst of the worst games you ever played

Print

Author Topic: The worst of the worst games you ever played  (Read 21864 times)

« on: February 15, 2006, 06:02:06 pm »
What is the worst game you ever played? How much did it suck? Make fun of it. Or just downright beat it to hell.Cuss it out. Do terechories.Just make them DIE!!!!
Uhhhhh........Yah......Ok then.....WOOT!

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 08:22:02 pm »
The worst games I've ever played. Interesting.
1. E.T.
2. Sonic Labyranth (mispelled but who cares with this terrible game.)
3. Mega Man 6. A terrible insult to the Mega Man franchise.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 08:31:52 pm »
I've played some horribly bad games, but the one that immediately springs to mind is Driver 3 - I looked forward to it muchly because I really liked the original two, but the third-person controls and camera are shocking, and the driving isn't half as fun as it was before.  The cutscenes are the sex though.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 09:17:44 pm »
MegaMan 6 is a good game and so is Labyrinth... :( SADX is terrible in my eyes and all other games in which I'm no good anymore in and that frustrate the living hell out of me (put every Sonic game here at TSC on the list... >.>)
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 04:30:02 am »
MegaMan 6 is a good game and so is Labyrinth... :( SADX is terrible in my eyes and all other games in which I'm no good anymore in and that frustrate the living hell out of me (put every Sonic game here at TSC on the list... >.>)
[snapback]9756[/snapback]
If we're going for Sonic games it has to be Sonic 3D.  I was really looking forward to X-treme and it was just a pisspoor replacement.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 11:03:07 am »
LOL
E.T. for sure (the title screen used to make me cry when i was ickle)
Superman 64 (i'm gonna cry if i elaborate)
50 Cent Bulletproof (uhhhh right this is just plain licensed crap)
Driv3r (so lame and over hyped)
Need for speed underground 2+Most wanted (no more crappy bullshit plz)

Offline Aere Alouette

• Float like a skylark sting like a storm
  • TSC: Greham Adelphis
  • winvista chrome
  • 250 Games and counting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 02:57:04 pm »
Here's a review I did once for a game (under an alias). Look at the review, and then tell me what the worst game I've ever played is.

Mario Is Missing!

Platforms: NES, SNES, Macintosh, PC-DOS

Category: 5th Grade World History Lesson (No, seriously...)

Publisher: Radical Entertainment (NES), Software Toolworks (SNES), Mindscape (Macintosh and PC-DOS)

Distributor: Mindscape (Are they sure it's not Mindscrape?)

Year: The PC-DOS Deluxe Version was released in 1992. All the others in 1993.

Notes:
The PC-DOS version is called the "Deluxe Version CD", despite the fact the game never was released before 1992.

This review was done with regards to the SNES version. References to the NES version may be made.

Goal:
Mario has been kidnapped by the King of Koopa Bowser (and already you can tell this game is unloyal to the series.) It is Luigi's job to destroy the entire name of Super Mario Games in a horrible flaming soul-consuming death errrrrrrr rescue his brother Mario and defeat Bowser.

Review:

Graphics: To describe the graphics to you, a potential customer to a old games store, we'll do this. You need to have played Super Mario World. Take the Ghost House graphics, the enemies, and a horribly disfigured Peach, and mercilessly splatter them onto this mediocre game. That is basically the graphics for the SNES. The graphics are nasty as nasty can get. Photoshop could have been their friend. The NES version stayed closed to the SMW engine for choosing stages, but got buried by the wayside.

Audio: The audio is a zombie. Basically it's dead and still trying to live on. The audio is so bad, a CD by Leonard Nimoy turned up to max volume will beat this game's music. Yes, some tracks are likable, but you'll end up throwing a Sepukku Knife into this game just for it to stop. Oddly enough, they reuse so many tracks that they butchered one to make it sound different. What a migrane.

Gameplay: The worst part of the game is it's horrendous gameplay. The cities contain Koopas along with the castle, but one thing...they can't kill you. That's right, they can't kill you. There goes one thing the Mario games stood for. The cities are pathetic. In fact, the MUSIC alone can tell you what city it is. The pedestrians (they are all the same. Good move designers) almost rap their clues to the city and make descriptions on the items so bad that you'll end up learning the meaning of the word "abhor" before you learn anything from this game. The ending just sucks. Also, there are classic Mario characters like Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, and Mario, but Peach was scrapped and is now just a kiosk person. Despisable.

Lasting Impressions: This game is nasty and purely evil since this almost forces you to keep playing, just so the pain gets revived over and over again. You're better off playing with an old National Geographic Talking Globe.

Ratings:
Graphics: 1
Audio: 2
Gameplay: 1
Lasting Impressions: 1

The Verdict:
1/10 (The best way to get the feeling this game gives you without playing it is to go to the butchers and have them hack your nose off. The basic meaning I'm trying to convey is that this game is trash. Don't buy it and don't literally do the aforementioned nose thing.)

Summary:
The game is rare, but whatever you do please don't buy it. It's a travesty to the Super Mario Brothers name and the advertising team needs to think of something else other than the plumbers. As for the education, school is much better. Even more fun than this.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 02:59:01 pm by Greham Adelphis »
Sonic 3D Blast Champion (So many times I can't count.)

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 06:25:46 pm »
I agree on mario is missing, what a shit ass game that was.....But the games i hate the most is those damn franchise games.It's always when a new movie comes out or something a gay little game comes out for it.Plus they suck so much it look's like they did it half ass, fucking retards that make those damn games should go die in a hole. *starts beating the hell out of the creators of those francise games*
Uhhhhh........Yah......Ok then.....WOOT!

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 08:30:53 pm »
Games based on movies, toys, cartoons, etc tend to be utter garbage 90% of the time. What's worse is that these games tend to sell really well at the expense of some less well known game that's absolutely great (Psychonauts for example). However, there are those few licensed games that are fantastic and must be in the collection of any gamer. Recent examples I can think of here are the Lord of the Rings brawlers that came out in 2002-2003, Marvel vs Capcom 2 (fun but poorly balanced), X-Men Legends, Astro Boy Omega Factor (hard to find GBA game that combines aspects of brawlers with Mega Man), and DBZ Budokai 3.

Offline qubit

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 09:28:18 pm »
If we're going for Sonic games it has to be Sonic 3D.  I was really looking forward to X-treme and it was just a pisspoor replacement.
[snapback]9764[/snapback]

I'd beg to differ about the quality of Sonic 3D.  I agree that, compared to what could have been Sonic X-treme, Sonic 3D was, as you say, "pisspoor".  However, consider that the developers had pretty much less than a year to create a game of this scale, so only a genius could have made something decent in that timespan.

And where would we be without Sonic 3D's music?  Anyone for Green Grove 1 or Panic Puppet 1?  And Panic Puppet 2 has one of the best mission objectives EVER: shoot up Eggman's nose (albeit a statue of Eggman, but still, who can resist a crack joke?)

Not to mention it has some of the best graphics I've ever seen out of a Genesis game (anyone else seen a 2 1/2-D game on Genesis that's NOT an rpg?)

In short, just remember: they had ages to make SA2B and look what they did to it.  If you had given the guys at Traveller's Tales more than a year to develop S3D, they would have turned it into a masterpiece.  Instead, they gave us crap.  Kind of like with Sonic R... *TEM listens to Panic Puppet 1 music and gets brutally murdered by the Tails Doll*
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x
mike89: yes. yes i do.
mike89: but then i find CF odd.
Me: so do I.

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 03:36:54 am »
I agree, for the timespan it was pretty good, and if it was marketed as a spin-off I wouldn't have been unhappy.  But it wasn't; it was supposed to be the next biggie in the series, and it just didn't feel like a Sonic game.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 11:43:20 am »
What, Sonic X-Treme looked like crap to me, I'm glad we got Sonic 3D Blast.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 01:44:47 pm »
^^same
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 02:43:09 pm »
^Also same.  Saturn S3D = best special stages ever.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 11:50:00 am »
What, Sonic X-Treme looked like crap to me, I'm glad we got Sonic 3D Blast.
[snapback]9802[/snapback]

I beg to differ. :( After reading up on Sonic X-treme one day, I feel in love with it and began to get Sega for cutting the cord on the game. The traliers I saw for it looked awesome and I really think 3D Blast sucked, well, compared to what X-treme could have been. X-treme could have been a pre-Adventure. Possibly...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 11:50:26 am by sonicam »
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
Re: The worst of the worst games you ever played
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 07:56:07 pm »
GIGABUMP ALERT!

I am the first to call it so hahahahaha you all fail for sluggishness.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 08:04:17 pm »
don't bump topics noob.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 02:37:10 pm »
One of the worst games I've ever played is Sonic 3D Blast, fun, but the worst

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 02:51:05 pm »
Someone else is told not to bump topics back in April, and another person decides to bump them now?  What a twisted Internet we use...

Also, it's very harmful to your TSC reputation.

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 02:57:23 pm »
Great, not another outbreak of thread necromancy. My prescribtion for the infected topic is for it to be incinerated with a flamethrower. All infected persons must receive painful injections with oversized needles in their rears and orally take pills that size wise are for horses.

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 06:15:17 pm »
My worst game ever is Superman 64. Thinking of that game almost makes me sick to my stomach.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 06:53:42 pm »
don't bump topics noob.

Someone else is told not to bump topics back in April, and another person decides to bump them now?  What a twisted Internet we use...

Also, it's very harmful to your TSC reputation.

Great, not another outbreak of thread necromancy.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 07:15:16 pm »
All that aside, the point is fair.

<3 Thorn.

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 06:48:09 pm »
My worst has to be Crash Bandicoot: The wrath of cortex. For those of you who think sonic '06 has bad loading, or you think the gameplay is average, you have NO FUCKING CLUE until you play this game. It was the true start of crash's decline. Nobody even talks about him anymore after companies buying him and making such lackluster games, while naughty dog has to throw it in Crash's face with Jak and Daxter X_X. Pisses me off cuz his first two were so good =P

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 04:41:05 pm »
I found TWoC to be not too bad, but I agree that there are frustrating spots and that the loading's
really, really slow (I think it's 20 seconds or something on GameCube- beaten only by The Hobbit).
Also, the graphics are really bad, especially considering what I've heard about the XBox version.
But I found the gameplay to be fine. I haven't tried the original games yet, so I can't compare them.
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline MrNomad

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2007, 05:25:08 pm »
I found TWoC to be not too bad, but I agree that there are frustrating spots and that the loading's
really, really slow (I think it's 20 seconds or something on GameCube- beaten only by The Hobbit).
Also, the graphics are really bad, especially considering what I've heard about the XBox version.
But I found the gameplay to be fine. I haven't tried the original games yet, so I can't compare them.
Believe me, the old ones compleately tower over this one.

Print

Hits: 820 | Hits This Month: 5 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.28 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.