don't click here

sonicam's offical retirement

Print

Author Topic: sonicam's offical retirement  (Read 13721 times)

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« on: January 12, 2006, 05:11:53 pm »
No, I'm not trying to continue yet another trend, but I just wanted to say that I think it's time for me to cease competing at TSC. As you may know, I've said that I would quit numerous times but yet I haven't. Well, now I can safely say that this is the real deal. It's time for me to roll up the controller, er, well, turn the off my controller (WaveBird... :P) and put my Sonic games back in it's cases and hang em on the shelf. It's been fun, frustrating, enjoyable, annoying, irritating, difficult and a nice time competeting with you all but the frustration has ultimately gotten to me. I just can't stand it anymore. First it was SADX, I pwned in that and then I inevitably got pwned down by RPG, all that work was for naught. All that time and effort was for naught, that was the first straw. Ok, well, I'm no elitist so I got over it (and hated SADX in the process. :D) so I moved on to other games. Heroes and Shadow. Heroes, while many think is the worst Sonic game ever (or worse 3D Sonic), I rather enjoyed playing it competitively. Trying to beat out magnum and taking on Kev, was rather enjoyable and frustrating, but more enjoyable since that's a fun game to play, but that's me. Shadow, well, this was the last straw for me. I enjoyed the game in the beginning and when I didn't TA it, but, as Shadow Jacky warned me about, the fun diminishes after you TA it and damn, he was indeed correct. Shadow has given me the most frustration out of all my time here at TSC (though I still like it more that SADX. :o) and today after trying to get back GUN-Dark, I've almost lost my mind. The silliness it just unbelieveable and I just can't tollerate it anymore. It's almost like "ok sonicam, no winning for you, SJ must have this record, not you so you'll get pwned and annoyed and pwned and annoyed....", so yeah, that's that. It's been real and I just wanted to speak about my career at TSC.

mike: Wow, it was annoying as hell and fun as hell when battling you in SADX. I've cursed you out (not to your face at least. :P) and prasied you plentiful, it's been real.

RPG: Damn you for beating me in SADX, but you got pwned for submitting crap Scores and Rings. :P

magnum: Thanks for the competition in Heroes, you and Kev actually got me to enjoy Heroes, a non-easy task indeed. :o

Rolk: SPA will indeed be yours... :( You bastard you... >.> lawl

SS: Damn, ya beat my PH5 time. :( I tried getting it back but no avail, nutting but "omg i wanna destroy my SA2B disk NOW!!!!!" and "Damn you SS!!!!111" >.>

SJ: lawl, you indeed warned me, I should have listened, but it was still fun right? Keep pwning man.

Ninty: Thanx for them SADX strats that I never put to good use, lawl. It's been fun.

I'm actually tired of making shoutouts... D: but yeah, I might come back and submit a few records here and there, only if it's a record, if not then no submission, but I definately won't be competeting as much as I have, most definately not. I hope I'll be able to overcome this addiction, but nuttin has been worth this much frustration... :(

-soniham is out. It's been real pplz. Later. (Although you haven't seen the last of me... >.>)
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline F-Man

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 05:23:53 pm »
You people are crazy. At least when I was bored to death about this stuff, I didn't say a word and waited a few months for the interest to come back (almost a year even). Though, sonicam, this sure seems to be frustrating for you, in this case, maybe the problem is that you should have decided to take breaks (read: more than 2 weeks) from time to time, instead of playing and playing and playing and BOOM. D:

And I didn't know RPG got SADX championship at one point. :o
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 05:24:38 pm by F-Man »

Offline sonicam

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 05:31:54 pm »
You people are crazy. At least when I was bored to death about this stuff, I didn't say a word and waited a few months for the interest to come back (almost a year even).

What?

Though, sonicam, this sure seems to be frustrating for you, in this case, maybe the problem is that you should have decided to take breaks (read: more than 2 weeks) from time to time, instead of playing and playing and playing and BOOM. D:

[snapback]8876[/snapback]

Yup, he got it. After he felt bored a bit and played for a few days straight, he pwned me, his races really helped him and hurt me. Well, about the breaks thing, I can see where you going, but when ever I just stop on something, I get REALLY rusty. I've had many long breaks from SSBM and damn, I'm trash at that game now. If I pick it up now, I'll have trouble with a single LV 7/8/9 Computer Player, but that's off topic. Either way, I'll still get annoyed by the games. It's not really just the duration of how long I play, it's more so that I'm not elitist, the games can get really silly preventing you from getting a good time, glitchy, difficult and make you want to punch a wall sometimes. :( I'd rather not go though this again. It's just too much.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 05:38:28 pm »
You people are crazy. At least when I was bored to death about this stuff, I didn't say a word and waited a few months for the interest to come back (almost a year even).

What?
[snapback]8877[/snapback]
It's just... that I see all of you people saying you retire, and yet, we all like Sonic games right? So why retire from the competition? You never know when you'll want to try at it again. When bosses, rings and scores were added to TSC, I got disinterested and stopped competitionning for a while, a VERY long while, but I never considered it as  retiring.

Offline sonicam

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 05:44:48 pm »
Disintrest and frustration are two very different things. I'm still interested but I don't wanna go though this annoyance anymore. I'm tired of TAing a game and when I'm losing, I wanna take my disk and snap it into. I'm tired of working so hard on a level to get a time/score and then it gets pwned within minutes. I'm so tired of that. I think it's better for me to retire to lose this small portion of frustration contribution. They are just two different, disintrest and frustration.

Yes, I love Sonic games, but TAing has made me hate quite a few of them. I loath SADX because of competiting. I used to love that game, love it I say. When I first got DX, I fell in love, especially with Gamma's story. Fun gameplay and excellent story, all in one = win. I'll always love Gamma and his story, but I hate the game with a passion because of TAing. Your lack of interest is different then my lack of wanted to be annoyed. :(
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 05:45:50 pm by sonicam »

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 06:09:30 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Official is far overused these days.

However, since your retirement is only offical, it's okay. :)

Well, where to start... I think the order of the day is, that if you don't want to get frustrated (and you're not F-Man), don't play SADX. I kept falling through floors on Emerald Coast - probably explains why my best time is only 1'25...

I think once I got to the top and the rivalry really began, that was when I started to notice these little things in SADX which had kept me from playing it for so long in the first place. I mean, the gameplay isn't that bad, but there's enough fall-through-whatever glitches in it to drive you insane. Which it obviously did. D:

As for Heroes... pfft. I couldn't care less. Hence, anyone who was actually prepared to time attack it extensively I would consider to be far more patient than myself. It was far too easy to fall off in that game... but at least you weren't falling through floors... much...

Well, another one of our top ten is gone... for a month or so. Enjoy the interim, heh. And make sure you drop in to the chat every so often.

<3 Thorn.

Offline sonicam

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 06:15:51 pm »
Lawl, I knew someone would comment about that typo... :( and yeah, I won't really stop being a part of the community, just dropping out from the rankings.

Offline Rayku

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 07:32:10 pm »
Me and Cybrax started this stupid trend. TSC shouldn't lose it's best members just becausea a few people thought it would be cool to stop the most frustrating thing known to mankind...

You can leave all you want, you'll be back...

Offline sonicam

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 07:43:28 pm »
Lol, when I said the trend thing, I was actually talking about RPG and his strat topic, I forgot about your retirement Rayku, lawl, but you said it yourself that it's indeed frustrating, you can take it, and I'd rather not. :P

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 09:27:46 pm »
Is it just me, or is practically every (most of them) veteran player retiring?
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 09:37:10 pm »
Not everybody. Just most of the top 10 sans Sprint, Mike, and SM and maybe someone I forgot because I'm too lazy to check the rest of the list.

Sonicam, F-Man speaks the truth. All this "retirement" crap is garbage (pronounced "gar-bahge"). Just don't say anything and take a short break. Don't go making such a huge detail about it. >_>

Besides, now ninty needs to come up with a new typo. :/

See ya 'round, since we know you'll be back. >_>
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline sonicam

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 09:55:49 pm »
lol, I dunno. I have a lot of other things to take care of in my life that doesn't need to be devoted to Sonic and I'm tired of being so frustrated. :(

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 01:28:53 am »
Yeah, those annoyances get the best of me like I said, it zaps the fun out of the game pretty fast.  Every once and awhile I go stages just for kicks instead of TAing, but that doesn't change Heroes...that game is still crap in my eyes and now Shadow's aiming system is becoming satan himself.

I could listen to Rolken as he said the 2-D games were easier in that its about rythem than with dealing with a shitty camera or funky glitches, but I guess you could say I tried that with Sonic CD and look where that got me :/

Well I guess my break was in '05 (or probably sometime before scores and rings were added), and I wasn't coming here at all because of Heroes, SA:DX, and SA2:B pwnage and I felt I couldn't keep up.  Then something gets over me and I go at it and I do kinda well or better than expected and it happens with anything to me, its like a reset button on the body in a sorts.  Ok, I better quit before I keep typing and I'll see you around the chat :)
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 03:08:32 am »
[snapback]8876[/snapback]

I had it for a few months up until the shuffle. I plan to actually get decent Scores/Rings sometime though >_>
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline SuperSonic101

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 11:03:01 am »
Hmm, let's see how long this'll last for.

Offline sonicam

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 02:16:24 pm »
Heh, I see no one has any faith in me quiting TSC. It's only been what, three days of no TAing and I'm already getting so many urges to play again, but I have to resist if I wanna get over this and not be so frustrated anymore, but I've already been trounced in Battle (which can be redeemed) and magnum is resuming Heroes and is about to pwn me... Damn, what to do... >.<

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 06:17:15 pm »
Heh, I see no one has any faith in me quiting TSC. It's only been what, three days of no TAing and I'm already getting so many urges to play again, but I have to resist if I wanna get over this and not be so frustrated anymore, but I've already been trounced in Battle (which can be redeemed) and magnum is resuming Heroes and is about to pwn me... Damn, what to do... >.<
[snapback]8934[/snapback]

hehe, thats exactly how I felt/am feeling but I am coping by channeling my urges into other things!

One of them is not to be discussed here >_>

Also sign up to www.ogame.org to help us rule a Universe!
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline sonicam

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2006, 06:51:08 pm »
Heh RPG. I wish I could channel my time to what you are referring to but that's probably never going to happen for ol sonicam. D: After beating BC-Dark, it's making want to play again, but still not for a while so I guess this is just going to be a long break, which is a good thing, also I don't wanna lose Battle and Heroes. I'll get Battle back when I get a PC gamepad, for now, no keyboard frustration for me. ^.^

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2006, 11:53:26 pm »
I should have came here first and posted...but yeah, its like your pwning me little by little even though you say your retired...I guess one thing does come out of these breaks, somehow you start to pwn right off the bat.  Doesn't work everytime though, well not for me anyway >_>
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline sonicam

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006, 11:57:01 pm »
lmao, yeah, the break did me good. I'm just going to seriously moderate my playing time. I have nothing to do right now so I'm playing some Shadow. I won't be playing much later on though.

EDIT: Also, never worry SJ, I'll never get championship, I'd be surprised if I got 2nd. There are too many stages where I'm just completely lost in, no matter how many time I attempt the stage. D:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 11:57:50 pm by sonicam »

Print

Hits: 677 | Hits This Month: 5 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.16 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.