don't click here

attn: ironboy

Print

Author Topic: attn: ironboy  (Read 8626 times)

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« on: January 03, 2006, 10:37:23 pm »
Um, do you think you can explain this? I just played the level on every life I had. You can't get a gun until about 6-7 seconds into the level, and it's a pistol, which is horribly weak. Can you explain then why it's possible to beat the whole level in 10 seconds?
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 06:16:38 am »
I have a feeling he may have used the 0 seconds trick, but got himself an actual time instead because he tried the trick waaaaaaay too early, intentional or not, to be a showoff.

I don't use that trick, but I have seen it before.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 12:05:12 pm »
Yeah, I thought about that. ShadowJacky said that shouldn't be possible on LH though; apparently it might be. Maybe we should make it at least freestyle?
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 03:35:04 pm »
I have a feeling he may have used the 0 seconds trick, but got himself an actual time instead because he tried the trick waaaaaaay too early, intentional or not, to be a showoff.

[snapback]8596[/snapback]
Is that the trick where you do a lot of damage to the thing you're chasing, never touch a checkpoint, then lose a life just before the end (don't get mission failed message), then take a weapon and attack the now weakened at the beginning target?
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 03:55:20 pm »

[snapback]8596[/snapback]
Is that the trick where you do a lot of damage to the thing you're chasing, never touch a checkpoint, then lose a life just before the end (don't get mission failed message), then take a weapon and attack the now weakened at the beginning target?
[snapback]8606[/snapback]

Yup.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline ironboy

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 06:16:57 pm »
Ok heres what I did  

1. touch the first checkpoint (10:09)

2. from there I never touch a checkpoint

3. then I got the shadow rifle

4. I then shot the down tank

5. you see I got my air fleet time by dying before it white outs to the score I realize I did that in accident ,it should work for here though because the same effect happens if you die too early when you shot down the alien tank. so just like air fleet you die when it begin to white outs. I die when Black doom's eye said " Well done Shadow" so if works there it should happen here when Sonic says " yes, we did it !" thats when the game fades out to the score.

this trick could be use more just this I going to find out

yes Know it not the regular time sorry my normal time is 50:12:XX

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 09:07:28 pm »
That's what I just explained.

Anyway, that's considered an ultra-cheap method, so I'm not sure if it will be allowed or not.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 06:06:09 am »

Anyway, that's considered an ultra-cheap method, so I'm not sure if it will be allowed or not.
[snapback]8618[/snapback]
I envisage that, like in SA2, this method of restarting the level after the objectives are complete will be a Freestyle rule.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 03:41:53 pm »

[snapback]8618[/snapback]
I envisage that, like in SA2, this method of restarting the level after the objectives are complete will be a Freestyle rule.
[snapback]8623[/snapback]

IIRC, thats not freestyle, thats completely banned, if your referring to what I am getting the impression your referring to <_<
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 03:52:53 pm »
Is it possible to use this method without hitting any checkpoints (instead of having to go to the first one) for a trivial 0.00 in any case where it can be used?

If you can always get 0, no reason to have it at all.  If it requires a checkpoint, then there's still something to track and it goes up in FS.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 03:54:15 pm »
Is it possible to use this method without hitting any checkpoints (instead of having to go to the first one) for a trivial 0.00 in any case where it can be used?

If you can always get 0, no reason to have it at all.  If it requires a checkpoint, then there's still something to track and it goes up in FS.
[snapback]8632[/snapback]

Shadow Jackey got 00:00:00 iN Air Fleet Darl, which is the same 'type' of level.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 03:55:13 pm »
You can always do it in zero seconds, but it is possible to use this trick without getting zero, but getting an insanely short time.

However, the checkpoint idea sounds nice. Someone can do the trick in freestyle as long as they touch at least one checkpoint.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 03:55:49 pm by PsyBorg »

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 05:35:41 pm »
I would say, given that the possibility exists that you can get 0 seconds in these levels, the idea gets banhammered.

Then again I haven't played Shadow and I'm sure inside knowledge of how the game works would help in making a decision...

<3 Thorn.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 06:32:28 pm »
Get zero, get banhammered.

No point in making the rule freestyle if you hit a checkpointed, banned otherwise.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Print

Hits: 501 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.09 MB | Time: 0.31s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.